Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Aug 17, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sandmoggy
Staying in the Castle

We're going again tomorrow but think we will go at 6pm as we did before, gets quieter and everything looks amazing at night too!
sandmoggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Was planning on going later in the day but looks like it's closing at 5pm during late October!
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gazpacho
Apprentice Imagineer

We are at CBR, so will take advantage of the early opening and the short walk. Will also take TimTrackers advice and do a cpl of late afternoon/evenings.
Don't forget, if there is a storm, the park will lose many guests, so that would be a great time to go in and just wait it out
Old 7 Aug 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
larissasmum
Getting Excited

We were planning on going about 6 yesterday but there were signs up at the boat dock at Royal Pacific saying Volcano Bay was still at capacity & there was no re-entry allowed🙄. I'm really hoping that was because it is the weekend. Hoping to try again today at about 5/6 o'clock
larissasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are hoping to be back in Orlando in April, if the crowds haven't calmed down my then we will be giving it a miss. The most recent Tim tracker vid did not make it look fun!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dibdabber View Post
I think everyone needs to remember that this park only opened in May, and it is currently peak season. I think that once we get into the mid - low seasons like September, it will be much quieter.

A major new park hasn't opened in a long time so if we think about what the other parks would have looked like on their first days/opening months it probably would have been similar. That and tourism to this area has increased over the years...

Obviously, if you don't want to go that's cool. I also hate busy parks but this is why I go in the down season, but I don't have kids so I'm able to do that!

Hopefully I remember to Vlog it while I'm there so you can see the crowd levels!
I think you're right about it being a new park - not just a new area. But I'm sure the likes of WWOHP were mental on opening as well!

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
We are hoping to be back in Orlando in April, if the crowds haven't calmed down my then we will be giving it a miss. The most recent Tim tracker vid did not make it look fun!
Hopefully, it will have calmed by then as I'm planning April as well!
Old 7 Aug 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by iandv79 View Post
Hi we went to Volcano Bay and had a great time, the kids loved it.

These are some positive reviews of Volcano Bay
These are fantastic reads - thank you for the links!
Old 7 Aug 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Capacity at 9pm Sunday

If we don't get in I will be joining the queue complaining and asking for a refund!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
misslilo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went this week, got there about 8:30 and it wasn't too busy. We spent about 3 hours there and enjoyed the lazy rivers and wave pool. We did one ride with about a 30 minute wait, but I don't do rides really so the queues didn't bother me. There did t really seem to be queues at did places, which is expected. planning to go back later in the week just for a relaxing day. Just beware that the tapu tapus come off very easily and can be linked to your credit card/locker, so keep an eye on them!
misslilo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

We went last night (Mon) 7-9pm, my ds managed 5 rides ! It's gorgeously themed and smells really nice !Lol, lovely at night, the tapu worked well too.