Notices

Old 15 Aug 17, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Ontario and Quebec 2017: Day 21 - Kayaking

Another slow start to the day - certainly no timetables to keep here!

A sunny day again!

Breakfast was had! I then made some nutella filled choc chip muffins to feed the starving hoards

We then got ready to go out in the kayak and canoe! First though we had to deal with the wildlife - the toad was hiding in the kayak and I, who was going in it, does not do frogs/toads!

We set off to the right of the house as we knew there were some rapids there.

O tied his boat up and F got out whilst J and I stayed in the canoe!

We then all got out - though I stayed close to the boat as it was very rocky and slippy and I am no goat!

J and O used the rubber ring I had been sitting on in the boat to run the rapids- they were pretty powerful and it was rocky underneath. Lifejackets were definitely needed!

We headed back to our fishing island - but not to fish!

Though first we discovered this enormous spider - O, who hates spiders in all forms, was not impressed! It was as big as my hand

The game was to jump in -and try to splash me as much as possible

We headed back home for a late lunch - nachos!

Then we drove to Blue Sea Lake as it was the only place we had found to try and rent a boat for the day !

Success - though we decided to see if it would be tomorrow or Wednesday depending on the weather.

We then drove to Maniwaki for picnic supplies!

One aim of having a boat is for the kids to do tubing - they have been dying to do this but we couldn't find anywhere! Everyone has their own! So we bought one! Luggage home is going to be interesting!

I also filled up the humming bird containing with sugared water - lets hope we get some!

Dinner was pasta and garlic bread and I made some peanut butter oat cookies for dessert!

More lake time before coming in about 8.30pm!

Storms forecast for tomorrow so we will make a decision on the plan of action in the morning!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:33 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 15 Aug 17 3:33 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A busy day, love that you are baking whilst on holiday. OMG that spider would put me off leaving the house for the rest of the holiday! I am completely, 100% terrified of them and that would just have given me total palpitations.
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A busy day well done for doing some baking
Joan
Old 15 Aug 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Love the baking !
Not loving the spider !
Great day though, think the hummingbird contraption thing looks funky. Hope it works
I'm sure the goat will make room in the luggage for the rings. Lol, we came back from Turkey once with an inflatable boat, those stupid foam noodle things and umpteen water guns. Like we would really use them again in the UK ! But. You must have more chance in France X
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

Your baking is making me hungry. The Nutella choc chip muffins sound absolutely delicious. A another lovely day in and on the water.
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 02:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A busy day, love that you are baking whilst on holiday. OMG that spider would put me off leaving the house for the rest of the holiday! I am completely, 100% terrified of them and that would just have given me total palpitations.
I love baking - so it is fun to do when there are no time constraints!

O did not like that spider - they are the one thing that freak him out!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A busy day well done for doing some baking
Joan
Got to keep the troops fed

Originally Posted by LuvPluto View Post
Your baking is making me hungry. The Nutella choc chip muffins sound absolutely delicious. A another lovely day in and on the water.
It was fun on the water (says she who made no effort in the kayaking!)

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Love the baking !
Not loving the spider !
Great day though, think the hummingbird contraption thing looks funky. Hope it works
I'm sure the goat will make room in the luggage for the rings. Lol, we came back from Turkey once with an inflatable boat, those stupid foam noodle things and umpteen water guns. Like we would really use them again in the UK ! But. You must have more chance in France X
We had some humming birds today but I wasn't quick enough with the camera!

We live near one of the major French rivers (runs through our village) so hopes are high! But I still don't know how we are going to manage it without resorting to buying yet another suitcase! You would think we would learn!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I'm all caught up,hurray. Hope you get to see lots of hummingbirds, not sure I would be pleased to see that spider,eek! Your definitely going to have fun with the packing...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I'm all caught up,hurray. Hope you get to see lots of hummingbirds, not sure I would be pleased to see that spider,eek! Your definitely going to have fun with the packing...
We have several plans for the packing! We only came out with three cases so we can have another!

Plan A is to just put all the rings back in their boxes, tape them together, put this into an industrial strength bin bag and tape that!

Plan B is to buy a hockey kit bag or North Face duffel bag and use that AND remember to bring it with us on all our trips

Index of my trip reports
Old 10 Sep 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Eek to that spider - I'd have been out of there. I can't even scroll back up through your trippie, to reread bits for me to add to these comments!
jocat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List