Notices

Old 15 Aug 17, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Five Go On A Culinary Caper - Day 2

Olivia's- OKW

Breakfast

This morning we had an early date with Olivia's. We were the first people in the restaurant, we love the chilled out feel to it and always enjoy breakfast here.

Everyone enjoyed what they had and the family requested that we can go again in a few days. We had:

Crab Cake Eggs Benedict - Two-Poached Eggs and two pan-fried Crab Cakes on an English Muffin with Key Lime Hollandaise and Olivia's breakfast potatoes

Waffle and Eggs - Waffles with Two Eggs-Any Style with choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Ham with Strawberry or Blueberry Sauce

Eldest had this minus the eggs!

2 x Sombrero Beach Omelet - Ham, Green Peppers, Onions, and Cheddar topped with Sour Cream and Pico de Gallo. Served with potato casserole and a Buttermilk Biscuit.

I removed the ham from this.

Kids Mickey-shaped Waffles - Mickey waffles served with syrup and butter and fruit

Frozen cappuccino

I had been waiting two years for this, yes it's sweet but it's one of my favourite things in wdw. I would travel here just to get one!

A great start to the day.

We spent the morning at blizzard beach and grabbed a couple of snacks to keep the boys going before heading back to okw

Pretzel with cheese dip ( I always rub most of the salt off)

Pineapple pot (on a very hot day this was lovely and refreshing)

Dinner

Hollywood brown derby

We had a late afternoon reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby with the Fantasmic package. We arrived a little early but were called almost immediately. The restaurant was lovely and felt like you'd stepped back in time. Our server was friendly and efficient.

We ordered drinks. Those other than sodas were:

Grapefruit hefeweizen - my favourite!

First we were given lovely fresh warm bread rolls with butter which had red sea salt and thyme added.

Starters
Roasted Zellwood Corn Soup - jumbo lump crab, sweet and hot fresno chile relish, basque espelette pepper oil

Local Greens Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette - blueberries, local peaches, Laura Chenel goat cheese, spiced candied pecans

Our Famous Cobb Salad with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, egg, bacon, tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado, chives and Cobb dressing

Beef Carpaccio - Capers, lemon-mustard aioli, petite salad greens, Caesar dressing, toasted French bread

Main courses

Vegetarian Pho - ginger-lemon grass broth, mushroom and tofu spring rolls, ginger-soy dipping sauce

Bell & Evans Chicken Breast - pancetta, guajilo pepper, tomato stuffing, roasted fingerling potatoes, morel mushrooms, romanesco, sun-dried tomato sauce

Roasted Cheshire Pork Chop - chorizo-chive dusted, smoked bacon, crimini mushroom-bread pudding, corn butter, broccolini, sweet tomato puree

Charred Filet of Beef - mushroom, white truffle potatoes croquette, jumbo green and white asparagus, toy box tomato, rainbow carrot, watercress salad, Bin 27 port wine reduction;

Children's hot dog meal

Dessert

This was a set dessert of grapefruit cake and banana cake.

I was so disappointed in the grapefruit cake, I really thought it would be tangy and something different but it was very sweet and I really didn't like it (neither did anyone else at the table) The banana cake received mixed reviews on our table but was more popular than the grapefruit.

Kids dessert was cookie, ice cream and 'hidden treasure' (gummy worm for those interested)

Hubby's review at the end of the meal was "I really enjoyed that, great food and nice place" so I'm glad we went. Both mum and my eldest enjoyed their meals too, I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed by my food, maybe that's the vegetarian options in this restaurant but the setting was lovely.

Timeout is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Timeout - 15 Aug 17 4:26 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Lovely food. Hollywood Brown Derby looks lovely. I think I'd prefer the kid's dessert though.
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Looks lovely can't wait to try Hollywood Brown Derby, did you pay oops for the kids meals, I am hoping to do that with some of ours as we have a couple of boring eaters x
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some great food at both Olivia's and Brown Derby

Joan
Old 15 Aug 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Both meals look lovely, we like Hollywood Brown Derby.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Lovely food. Hollywood Brown Derby looks lovely. I think I'd prefer the kid's dessert though.
Yes it was good it was so peaceful! The kids dessert was definitely the option to have!
Timeout is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Looks lovely can't wait to try Hollywood Brown Derby, did you pay oops for the kids meals, I am hoping to do that with some of ours as we have a couple of boring eaters x
We used credits for the kids meal on this occasion but most of the restaurants seem happy to allow you to pay oop if you want to you just have to ask x
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Some great food at both Olivia's and Brown Derby

Joan
Yes a good food day! X
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Both meals look lovely, we like Hollywood Brown Derby.
Both meals were really good. HBD was a great option with the Fantasmic seats x