Notices

Old 16 Aug 17, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Ontario and Quebec 2017: Day 22 - Fishing and Sunsets

Another very easy start to the day! It says a lot when you wake up and then manage to roll back over to sleep for another few hours!

We breakfasted as usual and while the others went back to their respective beds, I knocked up some chocolate muffins!

As the forecast had predicted, it was overcast and we had some rain late morning.

This didn't stop the boys pedaloing across the lake nor F from catching some fish from the deck!

After lunch we headed to our fishing island! O was in the single kayak and the three of us in the Canadian kayak!

There was some fishing done by all - with some success by everyone bar me! I did manage to cast quite well but the nets seemed to have a better track record!

There was some jumping in as well - though I stayed clear if the splash zone this time

O wanted to head back so J supervised him until he docked back at the cottage!

The weather suddenly turned - dark clouds and choppy waters. We got into the canoe and F and J did a sterling job of getting us back quickly! I have to say it was not the most enjoyable 15 minutes I have spent on a boat!

After dinner we headed out to the ice cream shop. We dropped J off at Canadian Tire (how he loves that shop )

O had a chocolate brownie sundae and F and I stuck to our regulars - though I ordered a smaller one than last time and I swear it was bigger - thankfully J came in and helped me finish it off!

We arrived back at the cottage to the most amazing sunset! I managed to take so many photos so here are a sample

I got some things ready for the boat hire tomorrow - hopefully the weather will be nice and the boat hire place got our message on their answerphone! I don't think they have been busy from what they said so hopefully it will all work out!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 16 Aug 17 3:02 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh, that water looked a bit scary on the way back, thank goodness for fast paddling !
Sunset looks fabulous, almost like the sky is on fire. Quite stunning.
Good luck with the boat tomorrow!
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I'd have been terrified on the trip back from the island - looks very choppy indeed. But great fun while you were there. The chocolate muffins look delicious as does the ice cream later in the day. Fantastic sunset shots, absolutely stunning.
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your sunset pictures are fantastic

Joan
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Oh, that water looked a bit scary on the way back, thank goodness for fast paddling !
Sunset looks fabulous, almost like the sky is on fire. Quite stunning.
Good luck with the boat tomorrow!
Thankfully J is an experienced paddler (he grew up at the beach and canoed in the sea all the time) so we were in safe hands! But it was still scary - I was glad O was already back as he would have been on his own in the smaller canoe!

The sunset was amazing!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
I'd have been terrified on the trip back from the island - looks very choppy indeed. But great fun while you were there. The chocolate muffins look delicious as does the ice cream later in the day. Fantastic sunset shots, absolutely stunning.
We are eating well considering I am doing most of the catering!

The sunset photos are my favourite - I took rather a lot

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Your sunset pictures are fantastic

Joan
Thanks Joan - the new camera does help as I can zoom in a lot unlike with my iphone where the zoom makes the photos lose clarity!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Amazing sunset photos...nice ice cream one too!😊
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Amazing sunset photos...nice ice cream one too!😊
Thank you! O enjoyed his ice cream too!

Index of my trip reports
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

The sunset photos are stunning
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LuvPluto View Post
The sunset photos are stunning
Aren't they ? I was so happy with the photos!

Index of my trip reports