Notices

Old 21 Aug 17, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

485 Day Wait -Day 4

I decided last night to cancel my alarm . We had Hollywood Studios planned with EMH originally to attempt to book the youngest on Jedi training but I came to realise there comes a point where you just have to give in & rest , change the plan . kids didn't wake up too bad and got up naturally about 8:30 and out for 9 :15 ish . Kids had left over pizza from 2 nights ago 🙈 (Mother of the year )
We used the coffee machine provided in our room this morning which is great and the mouse 🐭 keeping always top it up . We are at Port Orleans not sure if other resorts have this in there room ? But sure a more experienced dibber would know .

So not too bad we got out for 9:15 and few minutes later got straight on a bus to Hollywood Studios . It's much nicer missing the initial rush on a morning.

As soon as we're past security checks etc Blake saw Donald duck . Queue was only 5 minutes .

And got Daphne's autograph and pic as well .

As we headed towards Toy Story Mania our first fast pass Blake bought a Donald hat ! And I bought us all a water spraying fan as it was just getting so hot today .

The queue time was over 60 minutes for Toy Story so glad we had it FP . This ride was awesome and altho husband insisted he beat all of us ! (Yes he did compete against the 8 year old !) my accuracy was the best at 42 % (I'm the winner in my 👀 eyes lol )

When we came out we saw the little green army man from Toy Story who was awesome and sounded just like him . He even order Lewis to have a picture .

We then walked over to Star Wars ride as our next FP was just about to start which we once again had no idea what this was and it was a really good motion simulator . We all enjoyed it .

As we were going on to Star Wars I had realised Blake had left his bag on Toy Story Mania with some holiday pocket money in & his Sunglasses which he bought from his birthday money before we came (he treated himself to River Island ones So we walked back over but nothing had been found .

I tried to forget about it as nothing we could do but I was annoyed nothing had been handed in as I would always do so

So we headed in the direction Tower of Terror . FP hadn't started yet but we were mooching in the shops just having a look around and saw the Storm Troopers walk by . Kids loved it really good to see .

We walked past The Mayor who gave blake $100 Mayor money 💰 with his picture on (this will be going in the souvenir book lol )

Then went on Tower of terror with our FP . Blake was terrified but wanted to go straight back on but standby was at 50 minutes so we decided to walk over the our dinner reservation at 50's Prime Time .

The setting here was great just reminded me of Happy Days the TV programme . Kids had no idea what I was going on about

Kids had light up cherry coke which was a good novelty drink with roast chicken , mash and veg . They didn't mind Lewis ordering off kids menu it did say up to age 9 I think .

I had veg lasagne . Tasted delicious .

Rich had braised pork and mash .

We had a couple more cokes and a few beers . No deserts and bill was paid out of pocket as we are only on quick service plan . But if you are on the Dining plan you can use your table service credits for the food .

Our bill was around $100 .

They Server hadn't really gone OTT we had been on our phones and kids had caps on and nothing was said . I had higher expectations but we had a great time and she was good . But I wouldn't go back again . A box has been ticked for this place .

We did a bit more shopping and taking in the atmosphere . Hubby and kids got snacks on way out (fudge) to take back as we hadn't used any credits .

On way out I asked at quest relations but no bag

It was now 3 ish and only had to wait a few minutes for the bus back home and came straight back , got changed and me Lew and Blake went in the pool . RIch 'rested his eyes'

After an hour rich joined us . I also started chatting to a lovely lady and her family who were Dibb members. She's actually staying in the same building as us .

So if you happen to read I didn't get your name but ... 👋 hi

Then a couple of hours and a storm later we came back to the room . Got changed and grabbed food from food court .

Me and rich had pasta .

Boys had this huge pizza . All snack credits but pizza is 2 as it's so big .

We also grabbed some bottles of pop to keep in the room .

We watched a bit of TV and all jumped in .

Getting some much needed rest as tomorrow is Animal Kingdom and Avataar !

Edited at 04:18 AM.
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Magical_Unicorn - 21 Aug 17 4:10 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Some tasty food. Never tried 50s Prime Time, don't know that I really fancy it.
Old 21 Aug 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Some tasty food. Never tried 50s Prime Time, don't know that I really fancy it.
We took kids mainly for the theme and I heard they playfully tell you off so isn't for everyone . I did hear a server telling somebody off about Facebook but ours was pretty reserved had banter with hubby (think it depends who you have ) altho made kids lay table and was friendly . I don't think I would go back but glad I went . X
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day apart from the loss of the bag

Joan
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Such a shame about your sons bag, there is a lost and found near the transport and ticket centre. Food all looks lovely.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Such a shame about the bag x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thanks everyone x

reception gave us a number for the main central lost and found to all parks but I just called and nothing . I think it's gone which is a shame as it was a present no real Monterey value xx
Old 22 Aug 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
There's a lost and found at Ticket and Transport centre. Worth trying there on one of your MK days. however, there's always a long wait.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
There's a lost and found at Ticket and Transport centre. Worth trying there on one of your MK days. however, there's always a long wait.
Thankyou , we got it back from the Transport Centre 👍 Little one is super pleased xx