Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just tweaked SDMT earlier and managed to put some of the others a bit closer together. I had been so worried we wouldn't get what we wanted- 6 of us. We were going to FOP on our 6th day and went to that straight away.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post
Our FP day today and got everything we wanted including FOP at date and time we wanted! Only one slight hiccup SDMT is a bit late as we have a dining res in DS so need to either make ADR later or try to get earlier SDMT.
Very happy!
You were lucky! After day 6 which was the first FoP available we are going home. We will still do FoP on rope drop though. Got pretty much everything else we wanted, although couldn't split the bookings and do different things as 3 of us offsite. Only way around it is to take the 2 of us staying onsite off the booking and leave them on, whilst we book another, but don't want to risk losing what we've got!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hi Gelitoni
Keep trying last year couldnt get SDMT at 30 days for anything but as it got closer managed to get it twice -swopped times when I got the second one as it fit our plans better. Got a few I had difficulty with and was able to time swop some. I just kept looking!

I've also been loooking for about the fast 8 weeks for the Bon Voyage Breakfast, didnt know about it when we did ADRs at 180 days +10. Managed to get that as well last night so feeling very happy. Hope it all goes to plan for you and you snag that FOP FP soon
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post
Hi Gelitoni
Keep trying last year couldnt get SDMT at 30 days for anything but as it got closer managed to get it twice -swopped times when I got the second one as it fit our plans better. Got a few I had difficulty with and was able to time swop some. I just kept looking!

I've also been loooking for about the fast 8 weeks for the Bon Voyage Breakfast, didnt know about it when we did ADRs at 180 days +10. Managed to get that as well last night so feeling very happy. Hope it all goes to plan for you and you snag that FOP FP soon
Thanks - will keep trying then. I think my DH already thinks I have MDE OCD as I keep going into it all the time!

At least I know I will get to see the Avatar in the tube animatronic in the main queue if all else fails lol
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
emmylou
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
You were lucky! After day 6 which was the first FoP available we are going home. We will still do FoP on rope drop though. Got pretty much everything else we wanted, although couldn't split the bookings and do different things as 3 of us offsite. Only way around it is to take the 2 of us staying onsite off the booking and leave them on, whilst we book another, but don't want to risk losing what we've got!
We did this today, booked the offsite people with one onsite person and then just modified that person off. Most of our fastpasses were split and it worked fine and we got everything we wanted at times we wanted including 15 of us for FoP on the 30th. Not sure what you're worried about losing?

I just checked MDE and FoP is bookable for the 25th at like 4pm for 6 people, is that the day you leave?

Edited at 10:05 PM. Reason: Update
emmylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmylou View Post
We did this today, booked the offsite people with one onsite person and then just modified that person off. Most of our fastpasses were split and it worked fine and we got everything we wanted at times we wanted including 15 of us for FoP on the 30th. Not sure what you're worried about losing?

I just checked MDE and FoP is bookable for the 25th at like 4pm for 6 people, is that the day you leave?
I didn"t know I could 'fool' the system with splitting onsite and offsite until after i'd made bookings for all of us. I'm worried about cancelling what I have as although they're not the split bookings for what we wanted originally, they're for the times I wanted i.e. 9am, 10am, 11am. You can't set up a new one for everyone and take us out without cancelling, or check availability for that day without cancelling so it's not worth the risk now. I could end up with nothing.

I did manage to do it for our first day where i'd only made 2 bookings, so I set up one for Dinosaur and took the 2 of us out. Also took 2 of us out of Kilimanjaro and on to Everest, and luckily suitable times were available.

I'm guessing you booked what the offsite people wanted first that the onsite people didn't, and then took the onsite guests out and made a new booking? Wish I had known and done this!

We aren't in AK on the 25th and have FPs that I don't want to lose. We had 3 potential days for FoP. Going to stick to rope drop

Edited at 11:28 PM.
Old 23 Aug 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
emmylou
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I didn"t know I could 'fool' the system with splitting onsite and offsite until after i'd made bookings for all of us. I'm worried about cancelling what I have as although they're not the split bookings for what we wanted originally, they're for the times I wanted i.e. 9am, 10am, 11am. You can't set up a new one for everyone and take us out without cancelling, or check availability for that day without cancelling so it's not worth the risk now. I could end up with nothing.

I did manage to do it for our first day where i'd only made 2 bookings, so I set up one for Dinosaur and took the 2 of us out. Also took 2 of us out of Kilimanjaro and on to Everest, and luckily suitable times were available.

I'm guessing you booked what the offsite people wanted first that the onsite people didn't, and then took the onsite guests out and made a new booking? Wish I had known and done this!

We aren't in AK on the 25th and have FPs that I don't want to lose. We had 3 potential days for FoP. Going to stick to rope drop
Ah ok I see, yes I did the offsite people first as offsite wanted things like 7dmt and onsite wanted pirates of the Caribbean so I knew which one would be easier

I did have a mild panic when I couldn't book offsite by themselves until I figured out how to cheat the system (well the whole thing is a bit of a cheat isn't it lol) but glad I figured it out

Good luck with rope drop and have a wonderful holiday
Old 23 Aug 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmylou View Post
Ah ok I see, yes I did the offsite people first as offsite wanted things like 7dmt and onsite wanted pirates of the Caribbean so I knew which one would be easier

I did have a mild panic when I couldn't book offsite by themselves until I figured out how to cheat the system (well the whole thing is a bit of a cheat isn't it lol) but glad I figured it out

Good luck with rope drop and have a wonderful holiday
Yes we beat the system!

For us it's the offsite people that want the easy to get things, and us 2 wanting the tricker ones. Had to book ours first.

Thanks, you too!
Old 24 Aug 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
I think we were at an advantage as we are QSDP so have minimal dining reservations in the way. Managed to get FoP twice, 7DMT and everything else we wanted. Couldn't find Splash at first then I realised it is down for maintenance. Oops.
Very happy. Trying to help a lady at work understand they'll need to do this for xmas, but she's not having it!
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Ps. you can modify a booking without losing it. It lets you check first. I had to change a few by 10 mins or so to enable me to squeeze an extra one in some evenings. Works fine.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List