Notices

Old 22 Aug 17, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Five Go On a Culinary Caper - Day 9

This morning hubby and eldest left very early for their little 3 day trip to universal so we are down to three of us for the next couple of days.

We enjoyed a lie in and slowly made our way to Olivia's for breakfast. We had a 9am reservation and were seated immediately.

We ordered coffee and milk and we each ordered pancakes!

Buttermilk Pancakes and Eggs - Buttermilk Pancakes with Two Eggs-Any Style; choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Ham with Strawberry or Blueberry Sauce

One without meat with fruit substituted

And one with sausage. Youngest also had pancakes and fruit.

Again a nice breakfast just what was needed for a chill out day.

We caught the boat late morning down to Disney springs. Whilst watching the solar eclipse we decided to order some lunch from Earl of Sandwich.

The dining plan allows one sandwich, a side or dessert and a drink for one credit.

We had an Italian sandwich

A veggie sandwich

A kids grilled cheese

Crisps

Cookies

Bread pudding and sodas/milk.

These sandwiches were amazing, fresh and really tasty. We ate half and brought the rest back to the villa, the desserts will be a nice snack at some point during the next few days.

Whilst adding Florida mugs to our Starbucks collection I picked up a 'Dalmatian' frappuccino - vanilla bean with java chips this was good but I think I prefer the coffee based ones. It did provide some refreshment though while youngest spent hours racing cars in the lego store!

I enjoyed the afternoon looking in all the new Disney springs shops, I could spend hours there in my own! I know this is a food report but I just feel I need to share my newly purchased slippers with you as they're so cute!

Sorry back to the food...

Dinner this evening was at Raglan Road.

I'd never been here before so was excited to try it especially after reading so many reports about it.
We arrived on time for our 5pm adr and were seated immediately, we got a table which had a great view of the stage and youngest loved watching the dancing.

We ordered waters and soda/ milk. I also ordered a cherry wheat beer.

We were brought soda bread and oil. This was lovely so light and tasty.

Starters

Soul Soup - made fresh daily - today with was cheese with Harp beer

This was a really good soup, really cheesy and a great beer taste.

Fancy a fish cake - smoked haddock, salmon and cod potato cake with a soft poached egg, crispy pancetta and a lemon Caper butter

Mum enjoyed this, the flavour was good but said it wasn't as hot as she would have liked.

Mains

Raglan Risotto - garden pea risotto, aged pecorino, buffalo mozzarella & pea tendrils

This tasted great, I really enjoyed it, it had a nice strong pea flavour and the mozzarella went really well with it.

Braised Be. Beef - Braised beef with colcannon mashed potatoes, veggies

Mum loved this, she said the beef was beautiful.

Kids chicken goujons and chips

Desserts

Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding - Like no other pudding you have ever tried. Believe us

This was soooo good a beautiful bread and butter pudding but the sauce poured over it made it even better. Shame I couldn't eat half of it.

Dundon's Delight - raspberry pavlova with vanilla ice cream & raspberry coulis

This was lovely too, a great combination of raspberry and meringue and ice-cream.

Kids Chocookberry - Ice cream with cookies and berries smothered in chocolate sauce

Youngest enjoyed the cookie but didn't really manage much more. It was a massive portion.

We really liked Raglan Road. The atmosphere was fun and interesting, the food was excellent and it was presented with a sense of humour which we appreciated. A great evening.

Timeout is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Timeout - 22 Aug 17 2:33 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Love your slippers! Some really nice looking food. We didn't really enjoy our experience at Raglan Road and it was one place I was really looking forward too. I don't think I'd go back for food, I'd maybe go for a drink though.
Old 22 Aug 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day some lovely food

Joan
Old 22 Aug 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Oh I love your slippers.your food at raglan road looks delicious x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List