Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Feb 14, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Scrapbooking

Where is a good place to buy disney scrapbook items in orlando?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 14, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

scrap your trip is pretty excellent and for general scrapbook / craft try Joann or Michaels.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 14, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post

are they shops in orlando. Forgive me, its our first trip
Old 1 Feb 14, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Cheapest paper is In Walmart!
The big 12x12 packs that normally £15-£20 Here are normally equivilant in dollars over there (target/craft stores) but in Wallmart they are $5!

I bought 2 packs in 2011 & 3 packs this time but wish id bought about 4 more but at the time didnt want to be overweight on luggage!
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 14, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Never managed to get to Hobby Lobby so would like to try next visit, and some Walmarts have a fair (cheap) selection of general scrapbook stuff.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 14, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=BLDY&McGoo;9291385]Cheapest paper is In Walmart!

Yay for Walmart!
Old 1 Feb 14, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jenny teddy View Post
are they shops in orlando. Forgive me, its our first trip
Michaels and Joann have several locations around Disney so check on their sites for locations. Worth signing up to their newsletters for deals.
Scrap your trip didn't have an actual shop last time we went, but I had ordered before we went and just picked it up from their unit to save postage. Check their site as they have lots of their own designs, including loads of Disney inspired and even Dr Who papers and wording

Late last year DCWV direct had some cracking deals on their 12" stacks, so might be worth looking at their site and others for delivery to your hotel (check with hotel that they will receive packages for you and also if they charge for this).
Old 2 Feb 14, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
Scrap your trip didn't have an actual shop last time we went, but I had ordered before we went and just picked it up from their unit to save postage. Check their site as they have lots of their own designs, including loads of Disney inspired and even Dr Who papers and wording
OMG I didn't know Scrap your trip are in Florida! I have been drooling over their website for the last 6 years but never ordered due to the high shipping costs to the UK.

Can you remember where their unit is and did you just contact them beforehand to ask if you could do this? I daren't go back onto their site and start looking because I know I will need a FULL suitcase to bring back things just from them, and that is before I hit Michaels, Joanns & Walmart etc!
Old 2 Feb 14, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buttons56 View Post
OMG I didn't know Scrap your trip are in Florida! I have been drooling over their website for the last 6 years but never ordered due to the high shipping costs to the UK.

Can you remember where their unit is and did you just contact them beforehand to ask if you could do this? I daren't go back onto their site and start looking because I know I will need a FULL suitcase to bring back things just from them, and that is before I hit Michaels, Joanns & Walmart etc!
if I remember correctly, it was Grand National Drive? It was a pretty weird place as it looked like rows of low office type buildings not a shop(that was what I was expecting) and we seemed to be driving around for ages looking for their unit as it was behind some other places. I ordered online and told them when I was coming to collect, and that's where it comes a bit blurry as it would have been about 4 years ago. I seem to think I paid on ordering, yet when I went to collect it a week or so later they hadn't actually got it all ready (and I'm pretty sure I told them EXACTLY when as I had a plan for the whole time we were there! ) and some items were not in stock but overall I was happy.
Old 2 Feb 14, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

just had a look and their address is:
Scrap Your Memories, Inc. Order Fufillment Center dba Scrap Your Trip
7111 Grand National Drive, Suite 108, Orlando, FL 32819

you could email them and check if it's OK to collect your order: CustomerCare@ScrapYourTrip.com

this is from their website "Scrapyourtrip.com is an Internet store with a large warehouse distribution facility. We do not have a traditional storefront. Since our customers are unable to physically visit us, we try our very best to make it an authentic experience."

I'm going to set up my wishlist now as we don't go until Sept so I will forget by then, but they'll probably discontinue most of it by then!
Closed Thread