Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 2 Aug 16, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Artists Palette
We had a slower start this morning after a late night at Grand Floridian watching the fireworks. Liam and I walked to Artists Palette to get breakfast and to bring some back to the room for the others.
I used 3QS and got two adult bacon & waffles and one bounty breakfast. I also got two drinks and a apple turnover as the sides.

I had the apple turnover it was so fresh and crumbly with a hint of cinnamon

After dragging the other two out of the room we headed to Disney Springs and Disney Quest which the boys loved!

Starbucks
I used a snack credit and got one of these Venti things, wow it was mooohassive!

Cookes of Dublin
It was getting unbearably hot walking around Disney Springs and we needed some AC, so we had lunch at CofD, I'm glad we did as it was so yummy and everything was cooked fresh.

I had the one & one (fish and chips)

Nigel had a bacon burger

Liam had a cheeseburger which he devoured!

Joseph had the chicken tenders and they were really good quality chicken fillets, really big, he struggled to finish this.

We could choose icecream or little pots of trifle for our side but we wanted something to take away for later so we got the cookies. They were a great choice, 3 in each pack of choc chip or shortbread... the shortbread was my fav, so buttery

OHanas
We had an ADR for 6.35pm and I was looking forward to this one even though I knew the others weren't fussed! On arrival we were shown to a great table and told our server would be along to take our drink order. Well, the server wasn't great! He seemed to have too many tables to care about anyone and he was very abrupt. He didn't crack a smile the whole time! Half way through the meal Liam began to feel unwell and Nigel took him out to the restroom and said he would keep him outside until Joseph and I were done. The server came over and pointed to my husbands empty chair and said "What's wrong with him?", I explained the situation and he just raised an eyebrow and walked away!
He then came over with the bill, I had to tell him that I still wanted the dessert..rrrgghhh.
Anyway, it totally put me off the whole thing and I had a few spoonfuls of the bread pudding and left, giving only 10% tip.

Damn you rude server for making me too angry to enjoy this...

To console my self I got these back at SSR and ate them in bed

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Ugh, that server sounds awful!

Loving your report so far!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Love the title and love the report so far! What a shame at Ohana's... we love it there!
Old 2 Aug 16, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

Great food report. Off in a week to ssr and so looking forward to the food!
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
andylad
Very Serious Dibber

Enjoying your posts. keep them coming . Thanks

andylad
andylad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Great start to your food report. Nice to see Aer Lingus too as that's who we are flying with next week. I'm looking forward to Tusker's on our first day, the food looks lovely. Shame about the server at Ohana, we've got this one booked too, hope the server is in a better mood for our visit
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Ugh, that server sounds awful!
Loving your report so far!
Thankfully the majority the service at Disney was amazing... but you always get one prat, right?

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Love the title and love the report so far! What a shame at Ohana's... we love it there!
Yeah I was so looking forward to it as well :angry:

Originally Posted by June8th View Post
Great food report. Off in a week to ssr and so looking forward to the food!
I fell in love with SSR we got an amazing room at the Grandstand just beside the pool/drinks and 2min walk to carriage house...perfect!

Originally Posted by andylad View Post
Enjoying your posts. keep them coming . Thanks
Plenty more to come

Originally Posted by MrsBigdog View Post
Great start to your food report. Nice to see Aer Lingus too as that's who we are flying with next week. I'm looking forward to Tusker's on our first day, the food looks lovely. Shame about the server at Ohana, we've got this one booked too, hope the server is in a better mood for our visit
I have no complaints with AerLingus the staff are lovely, IFE was good, and the pre-clearance was brill!
Tuskers was fantastic, the food and the character interaction.
I hope you don't get misery guts at OHanas lol x

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here

Edited at 04:50 PM.
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
How annoying... just shows how much the servers either help or take away from a restaurant experience.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

BOG Breakfast
We had an early ADR for breakfast at the beasts gaff! Up and out at 7:15am, we were walking up an almost empty main St by 7:40am.

On to the breakfast, I pre-ordered 3QS, a crounut, the bread & cheese board and gastons cooked breakfast. With the pastries this was more than enough for four!

The cheese board didn't have any butter for the bread so was a bit dry.

I think I'll dream of this cronut for a good few months to come, oh man it was so good

It was a very enjoyable breakfast and a good use of QS to say you get into the park early for great photos and after we walked onto SDMT!

The park was really quiet and we got on so many rides before taking a lunch break. We weren't too hungry so we shared 2 QS from Columbia Harbour House...

We squeezed in a few more rides than headed for the gates stopping off to get these at Main St Ice-cream Parlour and watching the parade before we left.
Great QS and so big! Joseph got a vanilla one and Nigel got mint choc chip (no pic of Nigels)

Me and Liam shared the All American. Nomnomnom

The Rose & Crown
ADR was booked for 7:40pm, again to take advantage of the fireworks.
We got seated 10mins later and got a fantastic seat on the decking without having to ask, the views were amazing. The whole evening was just so special and I completely fell in love with Epcot. The server was fantastic, he was called Tom from Brighton and he was lovely to the kids and nothing was a hassle.
Anyway I was so happy with everything that I forgot to take some of the photos
Me & Nigel had the steak and fish, Nigel subbed his yorkshire pudding for chips as he doesn't eat cheese (strange man).

The boys had fish and chips (sorry no photo).
I did get pics of the pudding Nigel got Trifle...

The boys both got sticky toffee pudding...

I got the Apple crumble... it was yummy and I eat every bite!

We waddled back to SSR after a great meal and the Illuminations... I Epcot.

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Old 2 Aug 16, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

wow - some great pics, ice cream withdrawals!