Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Aug 16, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEY2004
Getting to know the DIBB

Talking Disney Dining

Hi, I've been a serial Dibb stalker for many years and can normally find the answers to any silly questions I've got but this one has me stumped.

We've already booked our 2017 Disney stay at the Caribbean Beach resort through Charter Travel - benefiting from the free Quick service plan. As we've had the dining plan previously we're thinking of upgrading but this would be dependant on funds. Is this something you can upgrade nearer the time? If so does anyone know how much it is? Can you do it direct with Disney say 1 month before or would we have to go through Charter?
DISNEY2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You need to do it through charter travel as that's who you've booked through. Some companies won't allow you to upgrade once the offer ends which means you'd need to do it before November. Best to check with them what their rules are on it - get it in an email if you can too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEY2004
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks loves2plan - better get booking - didn't realise you could lose out!
DISNEY2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were booked at CBR too this April just passed. We decided about two weeks before we left to upgrade. It cost £65 each for the five nights. Called Disney helpline and paid for it then and there. They emailed me a new invoice to show it. No idea about having to do it direct with the TA but it was easy. People in front of us at CBR upgraded as they were booking in at reception. It's not like they have a limited number of spots on it so I would think that Disney will happily take the money from you at any time.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are thinking of doing it I would make adr's for any must have restaurants at 180 days. If you then decide against it you can cancel the adr's rather than missing out at a later date.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEY2004
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
We were booked at CBR too this April just passed. We decided about two weeks before we left to upgrade. It cost £65 each for the five nights. Called Disney helpline and paid for it then and there. They emailed me a new invoice to show it. No idea about having to do it direct with the TA but it was easy. People in front of us at CBR upgraded as they were booking in at reception. It's not like they have a limited number of spots on it so I would think that Disney will happily take the money from you at any time.
Oh I might give Disney a ring and ask their advice - thank you
Old 23 Aug 16, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

You can't usually upgrade at check in dining has to be added in advance. If you booked with Disney direct you can upgrade even after free dining has ended for just the difference in price no admin fee. If you have booked with a 3rd party speak to them some let you, some don't and some charge silly prices especially after free dining ends plus they may charge an admin fee
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
People in front of us at CBR upgraded as they were booking in at reception.
That surprises me & goes against what Disney have previously said about it HAS to be done no less than 72 hours before check in.

The Disney Dining Plan can not be upgraded at check-in. You must complete the upgrade at least 72 hours prior to your check-in at your resort. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
disneyparksmomspanel.disney... -check-192756/

Edited at 05:06 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I wonder if there had been some sort of mix up and they were sorting it out, my understanding is certainly as above must be done in advance.

OP I'd contact your travel agent.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
That surprises me & goes against what Disney have previously said about it HAS to be done no less than 72 hours before check in.

disneyparksmomspanel.disney... -check-192756/
I don't know then! Would it make a difference that they were American? Different booking rules? They were definitely upgrading.

My in-laws also asked to add the plan (not upgrade) and would have been able to except they have Annual Passes and so did not purchase tickets at the time of booking their room. If they had, they could have added it on and several cast members went through this with them as they also complained about it. No AP holder would ever buy tickets and a room when they already have the tickets. This time I think they are not renewing the AP but buying the Ultimate ticket in a package and upgrading the ticket!
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread