Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Aug 16, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfamily05
Earning More Ears

Restaurants on highway 27 near Highlands reserve

Hi all. Are all the restaurants on highway 27 by the i4 exit been opened yet if so what ones are available. The dennys was open but there was a few more to come last time I was there may 15
Thanks
Disneyfamily05 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Miller's, Chillis, Red Robin and Wendy's to my knowledge. We were at Miller's last night
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Miller's, Chillis, Red Robin and Wendy's to my knowledge. We were at Miller's last night
Is that Millers any good? We're at Westridge so almost dropped in but ended up in Chuys along on the 192 instead millers still on my list
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by americanv8 View Post
Is that Millers any good? We're at Westridge so almost dropped in but ended up in Chuys along on the 192 instead millers still on my list
It was good. Very busy when we arrived, we were told a 45 minute wait but actually waited around 15. Service was a little slow and there was a mix up with my meal which meant I had to wait a little longer than everyone else, but it didn't matter as we had a mountain of nachos to work through while I waited!

The food itself was very good. The only person slightly underwhelmed was DH, who had a chicken burger. Nothing wrong with it, it was just nothing special.

We haven't been to Miller's in a few years as our last visit (Rolling Oaks branch) wasn't great. However, thousands of Dibbers can't be wrong so we gave it another go and are glad we did - we might even return!

What do you think of Westridge? We leave tomorrow for Sapphire Falls, but have really enjoyed it here
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
It was good. Very busy when we arrived, we were told a 45 minute wait but actually waited around 15. Service was a little slow and there was a mix up with my meal which meant I had to wait a little longer than everyone else, but it didn't matter as we had a mountain of nachos to work through while I waited!

The food itself was very good. The only person slightly underwhelmed was DH, who had a chicken burger. Nothing wrong with it, it was just nothing special.

We haven't been to Miller's in a few years as our last visit (Rolling Oaks branch) wasn't great. However, thousands of Dibbers can't be wrong so we gave it another go and are glad we did - we might even return!

What do you think of Westridge? We leave tomorrow for Sapphire Falls, but have really enjoyed it here
Nice & quiet, villa is lovely but it's a little further out than I envisaged. We usually stay at Chatham Park which is near Sierra Lago Drive/Ponciana. Roadworks up this way at the minute are a nightmare for getting back late on! I was forced to detour into Dunkin Donuts tonight

We had a night in Hard Rock earlier this week, and we have a night in Port Orleans Riverside next week
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kirstielou
Imagineer

Fab post! We will be staying on Highlands Reserve in late Oct/Nov
Twins 2nd visit May/June 2022
kirstielou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
lindaj
Imagineer

Mobile

There's also Cracker Barrell, Applebee's and IHOP.
Old 26 Aug 16, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfamily05
Earning More Ears

Yeah isn't the Applebee's the other side of highlands reserve close to the 192 by publix. We go there often and there take out menu is awesome
Disneyfamily05 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
At Highlands you have lots of choice, and improving all the time.

Effectively on-site (10 min walk for us), is Publix and then Applebees and now IHOP, plus a few bars, restaurants and the best Chinese takeaway for miles around.

6 mins down the road is Posner Park and the cluster of restaurants around the I4 intersection

and about 15 mins up the 27 is Clermont Landings where there are a whole bunch of restaurants

mallsdb/fl/clermont-landing

This may seem like a bit of a drive, but the restaurants are so quiet that many are just walk-in which means that you miss many of the horrendous wait times that you often get on the 192

If you like Outback and Ruby Tuesday there are also quiet branches of these a couple of minutes further on, on Highway 50

Regards

Gary
Old 26 Aug 16, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfamily05
Earning More Ears

I was aware of all the restaurants by publix. But I was asking what restaurants are available by the i4 junction as last time I was there dennys was the only one open. With others being built
Closed Thread