Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Sep 16, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Your meal looks lovely.really hoping to try toothsome if wait times aren't insane
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 1: Starbucks - Universal Studios

Having gotten to the parks for early entry and on an empty stomach come 9am we were starving and found out breakfast choices in the park are very limited. In the end we just ended up at Starbucks.

A sausage & cheddar hot sandwich each. $5.29 ea

And a venti iced mocha (no whipped cream) to share. $5.49

We had been up since 5am and so hungry so really enjoyed it. To be fair it was actually really tasty, not just "anything will do".

Edited at 02:46 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 1: Hog's Head Pub - Universal Studios

We stopped by the old style pub in Hogmeade - the Hogs Head.

We've never been in there before but it was a really cool place to grab a drink.

Andy got a pint of Strongbow cider ($7.99) and I had a frozen Butterbeer ($6.99).

Yum! I love the marshmallow foam so much!

Edited at 05:33 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 1: Toothsome Chocolate Factory - Citywalk

We stopped by later in the afternoon & went upstairs to sit at the bar for a few drinks. There were plenty of walk up tables free for the restaurant.

The theming, costumes and details inside are really lovely and the view of Citywalk is awesome.

Andy just had a couple of bottles of cider but I went for some cocktails.

I felt most of the cocktails were all a bit chocolatey themed for my taste so first up I chose a Peach Smash.

It was lovely, fairly strong but with a nice fresh peach flavour. I would for sure get it again.

Then secondly I embraced the chocolate and ordered a Wicked Cherry.

It was only served in a small glass with a lovely chocolate dipped cherry garnish.

I was warned by the barman it would be strong. It was pure booze but still went down quite smoothly (no burn) it knocked my socks off though and took a while to drink. It tasted nice but don't think I'd get it again. I like my cocktails more fruity.

We are aiming to go back for food as the restaurant looks awesome.

After we'd finished at the bar we took a walk around the candy store. There is so much cool stuff and there are lots of steampunk ornaments that you can actually buy.

The sweets cases were gorgeous.

A chocolate watch.

We did actually buy some macaroons. They are $2.95 and if you buy 5 or 10 you get a free presentation box.

From top to bottom the flavours are:
- salted caramel
- strawberry cheesecake
- Irish Creme
- PB&J
- birthday cake

We havent tried any yet but I'm excited to see how they taste. I will let you know...

Edited at 02:47 PM.
Old 28 Sep 16, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The sausage and cheddar muffin looks good! Adding that to my must eat list. Like how you have indexed each restaurant, so we can go straight to a point of interest...am following along!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh wow those cocktails look great! My boyfriend loves old fashions so he'd be in his element with that menu.
Looks like you are having a great time!
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 1: Beach Club - HRH Pool

Once back at the hotel we got changed and headed straight for the pool.

Whilst there were ordered some cocktails which get brought out to your lounger.

A Pineapple Express which has been a past favourite and a Peach Mimosa (Peach purée and Prosecco).

Also for lunch we shared some nachos. We chose to add a taco beef topping into them. They were humongous!

The nachos themselves were $14 with the option the add chicken or beef for $5, so two lunches for $19!

So so good though. The guacamole and pico de gallo were so fresh and flavourful. As we were half way through eating it began chucking it down with rain so we had to run for cover and everyone was forced to get out the pool. We were only there for about an hour

The nachos got a bit soggy so we only ate about half, to be honest that was more than enough though!

Edited at 02:05 PM.
Old 28 Sep 16, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 1: Snack Cart - Universal Studios

We took an Uber to Walgreens on I-Drive near the Rosen Inn at Pointe (so we could pop into Millers for a cheeky drink too) to get some snacks for the room. It was only $7!

The little snack shop at the Hard Rock Hotel we usually rely on is closed for renovation so we just needed to pick up some cereal and milk for breakfast and some soda.

I will just post what we bought as we eat it over the next week or so.

Anyway... once we got all our stuff back to the room we decided to go find some dinner out on Citywalk. We weren't massively hungry after the mammoth nachos and Andy said he just fancied a corn dog. We had seen these for sale in Universal earlier at the snack stand by Rip Rockit Ride so we went there. The park was only open for another 15mins so it was a quick in and out job.

It's quite difficult to make a picture of a corn dog look appetising

1 foot long corn dog each..

A weird dinner but enjoyable nonetheless. I guess our stomachs haven't adjusted yet!

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Old 28 Sep 16, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 1: Room Snacks

We ate some of the snacks we bought from our grocery trip later that evening.

Andy's cookies

My Goldfish crackers.

These are just like little vanilla biscuits.

Old 28 Sep 16, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 2: In Room Breakfast

This will be breakfast most mornings now and don't worry I won't include it everyday lol.

Honey Cheerios (or Walgreens version which was half the price).

Very nice indeed.