Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Two Countries and Eleven States - Day 16 Return to NYC the long way

3rd November 2017
Bags were packed but blimey it was close! Everything was at capacity and our hand luggage was slightly over I blame the candles and BBW offers. DH wasn’t happy
So it was time to go home but never one for making it easy I had decided on a more complicated way back to JFK.
We were heading to New London in Connecticut to pick up a ferry to Long Island $50 and travel from there to JFK. This would hopefully avoid traffic and be a more scenic route. We will see.
the room here was Lovely with a kitchen area and very modern and clean. Really enjoyed the stay.

We headed out of Boston past the Boston Tea Party site

Brandishing goodies from our trip to the Ghiradelli shop the day before.

Should keep us going
It was a couple of hours to New London sadly epic fail on all new states here but they still count.

Then we were on the short 12pm ferry ride to Orient.

Weather was great and it was very calm.

We enjoyed the break from the car and watched the scenery go past.

About 90mims later we were off and began the drive back to New York.

To be honest the scenery wasn’t as good as I’d hoped and many places we passed were closed -obviously out of season.

It grew later and we got nearer JFK

We needed to eat before the airport and eventually stopped en route at a proper old style diner in Lynbrook. I had meatloaf but I wasn’t keen.

Others were happy with theirs though

Then it was back the airport, DH dropped us all at departures and took the car back.
All checked in we ad a last wander round the shops

No it wasn’t coming home with us!

Then back on the plane all on time all of us slept a good bit, the boys missed breakfast as they were just too sleepy to bother. Clearly I’d given up on photos by now

Home again Home again jiggetty jig as we say.
Reflections I always like to read so here are mine.

Highs
New York without a doubt. I never stopped smiling I loved everything about it. What a place to turn 50!
ESB - wow!
Ice skating at Rockefeller
Central Park bike ride
The White House
Monuments Bike Tour
Halloween in Boston
Niagara Falls was stunning and despite seeing it so many times on screen etc it was almost familiar it took my breath away.
Pennsylvania so much more than I expected
North Conway beautiful place
The Ride - fun fun fun
Lastly the weather was unbelievable kind to us and helped make the holiday.
I could have just gone on and on

Lows
The weather in Canada and on our walk - boo!
Last meal in New York was a let down and worst meal for me of the fortnight
Long drive through Canada

Nothing much on the negatives we had a fantastic time. I wouldn’t have done anything differently. I can’t wait to go back just wish we had more time in Washington because I thought this was a great city and loads to do.

So steps today 4221 pitiful

Countries
America
Canada

States
New York
New Jersey
Delaware
Maryland
Virginia
Pennsylvania
Vermont
New Hampshire
Massachusetts
Rhode Island
Connecticut
Done!

Index

And finally here’s what we bought well mostly me!

Yep more candles and BBW than realised.

Thank you for staying with me on this. Hope you find some of it useful as I have other people’s reports over the years. I’ve enjoyed it far more than I thought I would and look out for this years effort

Pre Trip 2018 From Boston to Miami by car? Of course!

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!

Edited at 07:12 PM.
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Great report, thanks for sharing. You certainly did some shopping. We are going to some similar places in the summer so it’s good to read about your adventures.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Great report, thanks for sharing. You certainly did some shopping. We are going to some similar places in the summer so it’s good to read about your adventures.
Thanks for stopping by looks like we have a similar countdown for east coast adventures this year! What’s your plans?

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks from me too! We are going north from Boston to Hampton Beach, Vermont, Acadia National Park and Plymouth so it was great to read about some of these places.

Your shopping haul was very impressive!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You had such a fab road trip. I'm not surprised you've gone for another this summer. Thanks for sharing it with us it's been great seeing all your adventures.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the trip report! I'm heading to NYC this August and then to Boston in October so it's been fantastic to see all the places and get ideas for what to do.
Old 2 Jun 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip report, thanks for sharing it. It sounds like a really great trip and your photos of Niagara Falls are wonderful. It’s got me all excited about our North East Trip later on this year.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List