Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 11 Jun 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dkjc2015 View Post
Hi We were there in November 2017 and the exchange rate at the time was £1.00 to $1.30 and the AirPods came out at £129.97 a saving then of £29.00 Hope this helps
Thanks
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Yes - we've ordered lots of refurbished kit for delivery to the store in Milenia... I'm 'watching' for a watch too at the moment.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reunion View Post
Yes - we've ordered lots of refurbished kit for delivery to the store in Milenia... I'm 'watching' for a watch too at the moment.
great thanks! Refurb store is definitely a "right place right time" kind of thing isn't it - Had 2 of the 4's in non cellular in the size we wanted last week... not now. Hopefully something else will come up before we go!
Good luck to you too finding what you are looking for!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

sorry, only just seen this thread... i ordered a macbook with a uk keyboard off the website for delivery to the apple store without issues a few years ago...

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
sorry, only just seen this thread... i ordered a macbook with a uk keyboard off the website for delivery to the apple store without issues a few years ago...

hth
Great thanks Wayne.

I have actually had 2 Macbooks from the refurb store over the last 6 yrs or so but a family friend who lives there ordered it on her CC for me and I just paid her the money direct, I'm sure I did it that way because my CC & Debit card was refused due to it being a UK Billing address so good to know this policy has changed!
Old 13 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137

hth
Is the US layout one to avoid? As I was considering getting one (new to Mac).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1

hth
I did the same thing

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Is the US layout one to avoid? As I was considering getting one (new to Mac).
The UK keyboard is easier to use if you’re in the UK. I have a US laptop and some of the keys are different to what’s shown on the keyboard you get used to it but if you have the option to order a new Mac with the UK keyboard then you should

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
great thanks! Refurb store is definitely a "right place right time" kind of thing isn't it - Had 2 of the 4's in non cellular in the size we wanted last week... not now. Hopefully something else will come up before we go!
Good luck to you too finding what you are looking for!
not sure if this is worth a look:

hotukdeals/deals/app...nsight-3246275
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
The UK keyboard is easier to use if you’re in the UK. I have a US laptop and some of the keys are different to what’s shown on the keyboard you get used to it but if you have the option to order a new Mac with the UK keyboard then you should
do you know what the main differences are?

I was considering the refurb route initially as that's about $300 less than the new option (although still the same warranty etc).