Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

DS got a 4 in his English Lit, from his texts I thinks he’s slightly disappointed but like I said to him, at least it’s a pass!
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Well DD has passed them all, 1 *4, 7*5s, 2*6s enough to get into 6th form but not the courses she wants, we’re waiting to find out if they’ll take her. It’s ridiculous, in my day that would be celebrated but she feels like a failure 😭
We’re looking at a back up plan at the local college though where she could take her chosen subjects.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Delighted here. DS got what he needed but the biggest shock for us was he passed English which he has always struggled with.

He text me that straight away and I broke down, by the time he got to the car I was a wreck.

That has been the most stressful and emotional morning of my life.

He’s now had his place Confirmed at college so all is good and hunky dory here
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

My son did very well, even got a 7 in English after a prediction of 5, other grades 5-6, so all well. However he got a U in ICT?! he was predicted a 'high C'! from his teacher. We are quite shocked and surely something must be wrong there?

School are no help until early sept, but college have told us to go in and see them shortly as he needs ICT for his courses.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Son passed everything and got his grades for college. Enrolled this afternoon with plenty of smiling. So proud of him.
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

All passes here including DDs nemesis (maths). She has everything she needs now to start the next chapter, which is a big relief.

i echo what other posters have said for those who didn’t quite get what they wanted or needed. This is just a minor blip and you will get to your end destination, you might just need to take a slightly different path. You are still amazing, and don’t forget that.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

Well done to everyone, we are feeling very happy here, my son did really well achieving 1x 9, 2x 8's, 2x 7's, 3x 5's and 1x 4.
He is very relieved he passed English as he failed his mock exam and was dreading having to resit it. He's off to college later to enrol for his a-levels
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by x_Ange_x View Post
Well done everyone - DD needed a C in English Lang (We are in Wales) to get into the college she wanted to go to and she got a D so she is devastated - she has a back up at a local college ( her chosen college was in Manchester) but right now its no consolation. We will have to see what all her options are now - unfortunately as the College she wants to go to is a music college they can't offer her a place while she resits English
Bless her, I hope she gets something she wants

Similar here,DS needed 4 grade 4s including English and Maths but got a 3 in English, we are off to the advice cafe at college tomorrow to see what happens next. I might send off to get a copy so he can see where he went wrong which might help him in the next re sit. He got a 5 in Maths which we are pleased about and 4's in all his sciences and Geography. French was a 2 He hated french.

He is very nonchalant about it I am more upset for him as he did lots of extra revision sessions after school for months.

I was a B and C grade girl and I haven't done too badly in life so I am sure he will be fine.

Well done to every one else who got what they neeeded. We are all very proud parents
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
DS has some numbers and letters on his results does anyone know what they mean?

So for Maths he got 5 and under 'mark equiv' it says 200

In English Language he got 3 but under 'End1' it says P
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

So after my son saying he's waiting until we get back from holiday next week, he decided last night he was going to open the email but not tell us until we get home!
This morning, he couldn't contain his excitement! So proud of him, especially after suffering post concussion syndrome. Maths was the main one we worried about, not that he wouldn't do well but that he wouldn't get the grade he'd always expected due to the injury and potentially wouldn't be able to do further maths. But... he got a 9 in Maths and an A* in Further Maths so we're all over the moon. Off to celebrate in Animal Kingdom 😊 Hope everyone else did okay.
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List