Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 19, 03:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
What about all the many thousands of people who've been over the decades in September (myself included) and haven't been affected - don't they count?
Didn’t you go for the first time in twenty odd years last September? I am sure that is what you have said elsewhere. I don’t have any particularly strong views on travelling in September, but I would not question the statistical likelihood of adverse weather issues in September above any other month.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Didn’t you go for the first time in twenty odd years last September? I am sure that is what you have said elsewhere. I don’t have any particularly strong views on travelling in September, but I would not question the statistical likelihood of adverse weather issues in September above any other month.
Yes that's true. But what about the other part of my post, where I said about the many thousands not affected over the decades, surely they count - or didn't you see that part of what I wrote?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

According to that graph the stats are saying that Disney should be closed 40℅ of Sept. ... i guess the stats are always right.
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

As often happens :
Latest News :

Hurricane Dorian is no longer predicted to make landfall in Florida, but is instead, heading further north to Georgia and the Carolinas.
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

We’re supposed to be going to Mexico next summer ( here now going through Dorian) don’t want to go through the unknown this has been , plans cancelled etc so when we get hone will be changing to so ething else.
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

The hurricane season starts on 1st June, if you change to May/June you still have the chance of a storm coming through
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
As often happens :
Latest News :

Hurricane Dorian is no longer predicted to make landfall in Florida, but is instead, heading further north to Georgia and the Carolinas.
It's not expected to make much landfall in the US now at all if current projections turn out correct, there's a good possibility that it's going out into the Northern Atlantic and we could get some of it.
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
We’re supposed to be going to Mexico next summer ( here now going through Dorian) don’t want to go through the unknown this has been , plans cancelled etc so when we get hone will be changing to so ething else.
DH was in Mexico in June one year & in an earthquake!
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We go every September, will I be changing my plans , nope!

Got caught up in Irma , and just flew out earlier to avoid having our flight cancelled, going in two weeks time, and already booked for next September

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

If you didn't go somewhere because something could happen, you'd never leave the house.

What happens, will happen..I wouldn't let something like the possibility of some stormy weather change my holiday plans.