Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Sep 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

New York.. How would you plan these days?

Looking for some advice...

How would you group the following into 2 days. Brooklyn bridge, 9/11, The vessel ( will pay the $40 to reserve the day in advance) OWO. Charging Bull, Highline..

Thank you
Old 8 Sep 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

2 days is a very short time for New York, we've been for a week twice now and still lots we haven't done!

If you want to go into the 9/11 it is free on a Tuesday evening after 5pm (you can book it online on the Monday from 9am US time and show your tickets on your phone, or you can join the queue on the day, but the queues can get quite long!) You can then make a donation to the foundation if you want to.

You can also do OWO whilst you're there as they are very close by. We prebooked a time and were lucky but the weather can change very quickly and cover the windows with clouds etc ruining your view.

Brooklyn Bridge - we had hop on hop off bus passes and were planning on getting the bus over to Brooklyn and then walking back over. This is so you have the views of Manhattan. Unfortunately the weather turned on us and we stayed on the bus. If we go again we will definitely try to do it. If you don't have bus passes you can also get the subway over to Brooklyn and then walk back.

There's always a massive crowd around the charging bull. You can also get the staten island ferry to get a look at the statue of liberty, that's around a 5 mins walk from the charging bull and is free. Otherwise you can get the boat to the SoL and Ellis island, that's about $15 pp.

It will be two very packed days and a lot of the stuff you mention is in quite a close area so it doesn't really matter what order you do it in! You'll need about 2 hours to do the 9/11 memorial I'd say and a little bit more if you're doing SoL/Ellis. The brooklyn bridge is about a mile long but how long it takes depends on how many photo stops you make.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Thank you.
We are going for 5 days but thought as these were in the same area wondered how best to work them.
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Will you not be going to the Statue of Liberty ? We had tickets for the Crown and it was the highlight of our trip. You need to book about 6 months in advance.
We did the Statue of Liberty and crown and Ellis Island in the morning, first boat until about 2pm. Lunch at George’s diner, charging bull although to be fair we couldn’t really see it due to the crowds, a walk around the 9/11 memorial pools, the Survivor tree. Then back on the open top bus.
Another day we went to the 9/11 museum ( arrived about 30 minutes before opening and went straight in), a full morning until about 1pm. Lunch at Ryan Maguire's (best meal of the trip) Went to the One World Tower about 3pm (February) walked over Brooklyn Bridge which took a couple of hours with photo stops and it was heaving with people. Subway back.

We didn’t manage the Highline. Just couldn’t fit it all in. We didn’t manage to stay up past 9pm all holiday ! We were averaging 30,000 steps a day, one day it was 41000 ! We will definitely return.

I would also set aside a day for Central Park.

Enjoy your trip !

Edited at 05:17 PM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Following
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

WE are going 28th DEc to 2nd Jan so I am aware that it will be very busy.I am not too bothered about getting off to see SoL but would be nice to sail past it. I have other attractions in mind too but I was curious how to arrange days for the attractions mentioned because they are in the same arera/zone.
Thanks
Old 8 Sep 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

I would probably do the vessel and highline on one day and the others on the other.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BigPetesWife View Post
I would probably do the vessel and highline on one day and the others on the other.
Me too,I would walk over the Brooklyn bridge first,heading into Manhattan,then walk to the charging bull,then do OWO & 9/11 next,in any order you prefer.
I would then do the high line & the vessel on the other day,which would only take you past lunchtime,so I’d schedule something else in for the afternoon.
Tracy x
Old 11 Sep 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallflower
Dancing with Tink'

I don't recommend paying the $40 to reserve Vessel tickets. They will release slots about 1-2 weeks before for free, which you can book online.

I've just been up it - a bit underwhelming tbh.

You could add Chelsea Market to the High Line & Vessel day.
Wallflower is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Depends how busy you want to be and how long your day is. For us that would be a 1 day agenda.

We only did about a mile of the highline as we went off from there, once you have seen that much its pretty much the same for the other 1/2 mile. Its not that long really.

The Vessel release tickets in advance, I wouldn't pay to reserve it. Its an interesting piece of architecture but not one I would pay to visit.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List