Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Oct 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

A great day of food, but that bill for The Yachtsman is eye watering! Definitely one to save for the dining plan. I do agree about the lack of vegetables in general, and am on a quest to find as many as I can on the QSDP in 10 days!😬

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 06:38 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
A great day of food, but that bill for The Yachtsman is eye watering! Definitely one to save for the dining plan. I do agree about the lack of vegetables in general, and am on a quest to find as many as I can on the QSDP in 10 days!😬
There were vegetables with the chicken at El Mercado de Coronado! I even ate them!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
So many good F&W food options, yum
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
So many good F&W food options, yum
There really were and we didn’t get round as many as we’d have liked.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Marie says I’ve to tell you that she looked up the Lefse and it is made from potatoes so I was wrong.

Trip Report Index
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Day 7 - Woody's Lunchbox, Dockside Diner, Rosie's All-American Cafe, SW Dessert Party

Today was my birthday and even thought I felt like I should have a special breakfast I didn’t want to eat into DHS EEMH time so we had the cinnamon roll we’d gotten the night before from the Yacht Club and some coffee in the room.

We spent the first few hours in Galaxy’s Edge and decided this was the time to try the blue and green “milk”. We got one of each and used snack credits. The blue milk is a “Plant-based blend of Coconut and Rice Milk with alluring fruity characteristics” and the green “Plant-based blend of Coconut and Rice Milk with zippy citrus and tropical characteristics”. On that description I expected to like the green better but we both agreed the blue tasted better.

We were in Toy Story Land by the time our belly’s told us it was second breakfast time so decided to try Woody’s Lunchbox. Having not had breakfast here we decided to share the Breakfast Bowl which is potato barrels smothered in brisket country gravy (it also has scrambled egg on the top which isn’t mentioned in the description) and the smoked turkey breakfast sandwich. I really wanted to try the S’more French Toast Sandwich but Marie didn’t want to and I was worried it would be too sweet and I’d end up wasting half it.

Again I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the Breakfast Bowl. It was really tasty and filling. The turkey sandwich however tasted of nothing and was a bit greasy. We just got apple juice to drink I think.

By lunch time we were round at the stage watching A Galaxy Far, Far Away so just popped to Dockside Diner for some Nachos. Marie also got the Kaluha milkshake seeing as it was included. I fancied a dessert today so used a snack credit on a s’mores brownie. I just got a fountain drink of some kind.

We really like these nachos and they did the job. I’m not a great fan of outside eating but this is a good central area for relaxing. The brownie was fine but nothing special.

We left the park not long after and walked back to the hotel for a chill in the room as we had the Star Wars Dessert Party planned for later. On the way back we popped into Fuel at the Dolphin for a cup of tea and something to have with it. We had originally planned to go to Boardwalk Bakery and use our mugs but we forgot them. I got a chocolate chip cookie and Marie some banana nut bread (found picture).

While we were chilling we discussed breakfast the next day. We had a Garden Grill booking for 8ish but considering we were going to be a bit later tonight I didn’t really want to have to get up that early. Instead we thought we might go to Fresh after we enjoyed it so much last year but I couldn’t get a booking. We cancelled Garden Grill and decided that if we felt like it we’d pop in to Fresh in the morning to see if we could get a walk up.

For dinner we didn’t want to have too much and spoil our appetites for the dessert party later so we stopped at Rosie’s All-American Café where we shared a chicken nuggets and fries and a Sprite.

Before booking the dessert party we had a booking for Oga’s Cantina the evening before. Since we were spending this night in DHS I decided to change it and managed to get one for around 7pm. I thought this was probably more than enough time before the dessert party which started at 8.30pm. We checked in and had a bit of a wait outside. We were then shown to a space at the bar and given menus.

This was a bit cramped as the woman next to me had a back pack on and was standing side on so I ended up having to stand back a bit. We both ordered the Jabba Juice.

This is Simply Orange with Pineapple, Kiwi, Cantaloupe and Blueberry Popping Pearls. I had considered the Blurrgfire which is Odwalla Lemonade, Pomegranate Juice and Habanero-Lime. The bar tender warned me it was hot, I asked “how hot?”, he said “well it has habanero in it”. I have no idea what habanero is so didn’t want to risk it. I don’t do hot spicy. The Jabba Juice was really nice but we were so uncomfortable in there we drank it in about 10 minutes. Having to stand in the same place because that’s where you’ve been allocated is just plain annoying, especially when larger parties seem to get the seats. It was like any other bar, noisy and crowded. We decided to finish our drinks and use the rest of our allocated time to have a look round but it was tiny and the other side of the bar looked the same as our side. I did not enjoy this experience and won’t be doing it again. I'm not a bar person at home and I've written in my notes "won't be back as my idea of hell"!

Soon it was time for the dessert party check in. We were directed inside to the seated area within the Launch Bay and given our table number. The tables were solely for the use of your party so no need to share with strangers.

We both grabbed a small plate of savoury items before grabbing some desserts. Marie had a couple of cocktails and I had one of the non-alcoholic ones. I was really full quickly again. I think it must be all the sugar. We sat for a wee while enjoying watching the Stormtroopers and went to meet Darth Vader. A FP for this is included (your lanyard acts as your FP) although it wasn’t busy anyway. After we’d met the boss we forced some more desserts down. I really wanted the nitro hazelnut mousse so managed to eat that.

We were led out to the viewing area about 15 minutes before the Wonderful World of Animation show. We were given a bottle of water and a Darth Vader cup thing. I had also taken a can of Diet Coke and a coffee out with me. The viewing area is right at the front where the stage normally sits. There’s a small ledge all the way round in front of the railing which makes it a bit easier to sit down but we were towards the back of the line so either had to sit on the ground or at the side. Sitting at the side on the ledge and leaning on the railing was more comfortable, plus I didn’t think I’d get back up again if I sat on the ground! The disadvantage was there were areas we couldn’t see very well.
This is the only (really bad) picture I have of the viewing area.

Overall, I enjoyed the dessert party again. I don’t really get my money’s worth though as I don’t drink alcohol and I find the sugar fills me up really quickly. I wish they would do a party instead of a dessert party specifically and have more savoury items. I think I’d be able to eat more!.

Needless to say that was the last of our dining today!

Credits used – 5 QS, 3 snacks
OOP – can’t remember

Trip Report Index

Edited at 09:52 AM.
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’ve been looking forward to your food & wine day, it’s sounds like it was good. How fabulous you got to spend the day at HS and GE for your birthday. Shame about Ogs, I know you said you weren’t really a bar person but do you think you would have enjoyed it more if you had a table? (I need to get started on your trip report so I can read properly what you thoughts are of Galaxy’s Edge.) The dessert party looks good I’m really thinking about booking it for next year although paying for 4 people will make me want to cry as I know we definitely won’t get our moneys worth from the food & drinks, have you ever managed to book a dessert party while you have been at Disney? I wonder if I would be able to use my gift cards then it wouldn’t feel quite as extortionate, I assume it’s probably one of those activities you need to book in advance...Anyway back to your food report I could just eat your Steak from the Yachtsmen, I’m not sure I would be keen on the view from your table either!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I’ve been looking forward to your food & wine day, it’s sounds like it was good. How fabulous you got to spend the day at HS and GE for your birthday. Shame about Ogs, I know you said you weren’t really a bar person but do you think you would have enjoyed it more if you had a table? (I need to get started on your trip report so I can read properly what you thoughts are of Galaxy’s Edge.) The dessert party looks good I’m really thinking about booking it for next year although paying for 4 people will make me want to cry as I know we definitely won’t get our moneys worth from the food & drinks, have you ever managed to book a dessert party while you have been at Disney? I wonder if I would be able to use my gift cards then it wouldn’t feel quite as extortionate, I assume it’s probably one of those activities you need to book in advance...Anyway back to your food report I could just eat your Steak from the Yachtsmen, I’m not sure I would be keen on the view from your table either!
I think maybe Oga’s would have been better with a seat but we still wouldn’t have stayed long.

Last year we decided to wait and see about the dessert party while we were there and I’m sure I checked MDE and there was availability. We decided against it though.

Trip Report Index
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Loved the look of dockside diner nachos and alcoholic milkshake
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Loved the look of dockside diner nachos and alcoholic milkshake
Yes they’re pretty good. Marie enjoyed that the milkshake was included this time!

Trip Report Index