Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Oct 19, 03:04 AM  
Link to this Post
cracker
Earning More Ears

We went to Hollywood studios yesterday and was quoted 275 each but did manage to get them for 150 each in the end but she did have to speak to a manager
Old 17 Oct 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Mobile

Worked out how its, done. A 10 day off peak with waterpark is 599 a gold is about 745 with tax. Diff is roughly 150?

Only way I can think of getting 150 is they are bridging to a 10 day hopper with waterpark.
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DiddyDan View Post
Thanks so much for the advice and receipts.

Just tried to do the upgrade at Magic Kingdom and they would only do it at $275 each. I showed the receipts and they said that because there is no info on how they got to that price, and no proof we had the same tickets there was nothing they could do.

Not very happy as we just wasted an hour trying to get it sorted and came away without the AP’s.

Thanks again everyone.
That’s really annoying . Please do update if you try again and have better luck.
I need to upgrade and I’m getting a bit worried about my budget!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Mobile

Ask them to bridge the ticket to a 10 day hopper. See if that works?
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

So on our last day, we had one last attempt at trying to get AP’s. We went to the ticket centre at Disney Springs and were in and out within 10 minutes, tickets in hand! We just said about the trouble we had at MK, he asked what amount other people have got them for and did them at that price, no questions asked! And we didn’t have to ask for a manager.

Anyone else going to do it, don’t waste your time trying in the parks, just go straight to DS. Thanks again for everyone’s responses

Edited at 04:39 PM.
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

The problem with upgrading the 14 day tickets is that some of them come up as different tickets when they are scanned by the CMs. So you need to ask what the system says your is.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

So on our last day, we had one last attempt at trying to get AP’s. We went to the ticket centre at Disney Springs and were in and out within 10 minutes, tickets in hand! We just said about the trouble we had at MK, he asked what amount other people have got them for and did them at that price, no questions asked! And we didn’t have to ask for a manager.

Anyone else going to do it, don’t waste your time trying in the parks, just go straight to DS. Thanks again for everyone’s responses

Thanks for the tip Diddy.

I'm going for the Platinum so just want this amount for my 14 day, so the platinum will cost me about $400.

Does anyone know- when you upgrade, do all your Fastpass remain intact. I just booked all mine today and could therefore upgrade early in the holiday, but not if I lose any fast passes.

Cheers

YT
Old 21 Oct 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the update. I have a folder on my phone with receipt photos ready to tackle this in a couple of weeks .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Thanks for the update. I have a folder on my phone with receipt photos ready to tackle this in a couple of weeks .
I have done the same

I think I will tackle it by saying, my sister got it for $150, she sent me the proof...
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Thanks for the tip Diddy.

I'm going for the Platinum so just want this amount for my 14 day, so the platinum will cost me about $400.

Does anyone know- when you upgrade, do all your Fastpass remain intact. I just booked all mine today and could therefore upgrade early in the holiday, but not if I lose any fast passes.

Cheers

YT
We didn’t lose any of our FPs last year when we upgraded. I think as long as you are staying onsite, it’s not a problem.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List