Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
NYC Day4

Day 4 February 2nd Wednesday
First of all apologies for lack of pics today but it was shopping and entertainment only today
Today was our last day in NYC and the weather was very cold and wet an ice storm had hit during the night but despite that it was still okay to move about the city, before leaving our room I checked the airport website and it looked like the first flight out to Las Vegas would be leaving this afternoon so that was a good sign,. We had breakfast in a deli near the hotel before departing on a few hours shopping we both got a few bargains but did hold back due to fact we wanted to only have hand baggage on our flight to Las Vegas, we had a bit of fun at the Oscar photo machine near Macy’s and sent some pics back to the kids. We headed back to the hotel to drop off our shopping and then had a drink in a bar nearby before heading to the matinee showing of Memphis, I highly recommend this show music was good and had a strong storyline and despite being a Wednesday afternoon the theatre was packed, after the show we headed back to our hotel to shower and change for our evening out, we had dinner at Mickey Mantle’s just opp Central Park about 10 minutes walk from hotel I had purchased a 3 course meal with a drink each for two people via Travelzoo local deals for $49, I have to say we had a great meal not rushed good food and large portions with friendly staff I had shrimp to start and ribs as a main course Jacquie had Quesadilla for starter and steak for her main she and I both couldn’t finish our starters due to portion size for our incl drink we could have basically any top shelf drink or cocktail Jacquie had a spiced rum and coke I had a Jack and Coke I had a few of these plus we had a bottle of zinfandel, for desert Jacquie had the superbowl sundae and I had crème brulee have incl a pic of the sundae it was huge and she barely scraped the surface of it with alcohol tax and tip I paid a further $70 on top of our certificate.
[IMG][/IMG]
After our delicious meal we walked to the theatre as we had tickets for the 8pm showing of Wicked we arrived at theatre with about 10 mins to spare luckily it was only about a 15 min walk to the theatre. This was the most modern theatre I’ve been in and the most comfortable plenty of leg room and comfy seats, as for the show I was totally ignorant of what it was about apart from something to do with the Wizard of Oz and I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed my head of Jacquie loved it too and I’m really glad we went to see it,
[IMG][/IMG]
after the show we had intended to have a drink but opted for a night cap in the room and checking our flight status I also arranged for Carmelimo to pick us up next day for the airport

Edited at 08:05 PM.
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 11, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
thanks Steve xx

Love that sundae - yummy!
I think I am one of the few who do not fancy Wicked. Never appealed to me.

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 11, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by jeanwales View Post
thanks Steve xx

Love that sundae - yummy!
I think I am one of the few who do not fancy Wicked. Never appealed to me.
Jean will totally change you view of Oz in a good way
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 11, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mickey Mantles looks good
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 11, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
liverbird
VIP Dibber

Wow, two shows in one day! I loved Wicked too, and yes, the theatre was great - didn't feel like you were sitting on top of each other. Off to read the next day!
Old 16 Apr 11, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List