Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Mar 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Good to hear how our first years are getting on!

O is still in quarantine in HK. But he is safely in the uni quarantine centre (in the visitors lodge do very nice) and is just getting on with it.

He still has his full timetable via Zoom so is keeping himself busy.

The big question now is will he be able to get back in June. His flight is scheduled for June 1st. We will see!
It’s been amazing how O has managed to keep up with his work through all this. How much longer has he got to be in quarantine Mel?

I hope he will be able to get home in June, I bet you can’t wait to see him again. Our son is still working in Vietnam and UK flights from abroad will completely stop soon I believe (from my understanding of the announcement today) but he will stay there as his job and home is there now. It’s still very worrying as he’s so far away
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Thanks for the reminder re student finance.

DD hasn’t quite made a decision on which uni she’s going to transfer to in September so not sure what to put on her application.

We had planned to make a couple of visits to both over Easter but that’s not going to happen now.

I think I know which way she’ll go but she just needs to click accept!

She’s very bored, can’t see her boyfriend and there’s no lectures online for her yet as she would still be on placement if things were normal.

Hope everyone is staying well xx
I know, I’d completely forgotten about the finance too. It didn’t take long to complete though

It must be difficult for them if they aren’t seeing their boy/girlfriends at the moment 😢 I know they can chat a lot via social media but they must miss seeing each other

I do hope she can decide which uni to accept, is it Cardiff and Swansea she’s torn between? I know a lot of unis do online tours which she could look at, but it is nice to visit the cities to get a feel of the place itself
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I know, I’d completely forgotten about the finance too. It didn’t take long to complete though

It must be difficult for them if they aren’t seeing their boy/girlfriends at the moment 😢 I know they can chat a lot via social media but they must miss seeing each other

I do hope she can decide which uni to accept, is it Cardiff and Swansea she’s torn between? I know a lot of unis do online tours which she could look at, but it is nice to visit the cities to get a feel of the place itself
It’s between Cardiff Met and Carmarthen Trinity.

Both are within a commutable distance but Cardiff is closer.

We have visited both but just wanted to do the journeys again before she made a decision.

Her heart is probably saying Carmarthen but her head is saying Cardiff.

Decisions decisions!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Ben’s doing fine, has a few online seminars and just finished a group presentation. He still has 3 essays to write but he has enjoyed being at home, we have started to watch Stranger things on Netflix together, we watched all of the Game of Thrones series together so it’s been lovely to have a tv partner again, DH doesn’t tend to like the same things as me! One piece of good news was the fact he hasn’t got to pay for the third term accommodation, so we can save some money there.
Hope everyone stays well and healthy.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
It’s between Cardiff Met and Carmarthen Trinity.

Both are within a commutable distance but Cardiff is closer.

We have visited both but just wanted to do the journeys again before she made a decision.

Her heart is probably saying Carmarthen but her head is saying Cardiff.

Decisions decisions!
One of Georgia’s friends is starting at Carmarthen in September I believe. Cardiff has the benefits of a big city of course but Carmarthen is very pretty. I hope it works out well for her xx
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
It’s been amazing how O has managed to keep up with his work through all this. How much longer has he got to be in quarantine Mel?

I hope he will be able to get home in June, I bet you can’t wait to see him again. Our son is still working in Vietnam and UK flights from abroad will completely stop soon I believe (from my understanding of the announcement today) but he will stay there as his job and home is there now. It’s still very worrying as he’s so far away
He should be out at the weekend. He landed at 23h30 on a Saturday but arrived at the uni centre early hours of Sunday so the uni say Sunday and his immigration papers say Saturday! The uni have been quite strict (and rightly so) so O will go with whatever they say. Another night in a comfy bed would be ok

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Ben’s doing fine, has a few online seminars and just finished a group presentation. He still has 3 essays to write but he has enjoyed being at home, we have started to watch Stranger things on Netflix together, we watched all of the Game of Thrones series together so it’s been lovely to have a tv partner again, DH doesn’t tend to like the same things as me! One piece of good news was the fact he hasn’t got to pay for the third term accommodation, so we can save some money there.
Hope everyone stays well and healthy.
Georgia has a big essay to write but she’s trying to put it off as she’s not looking forward to it without her workshops to help prepare for it

Isn’t it nice to have them home to watch tv with? Georgia and I have been watching lots of Disney Plus programmes together. We did think of watching GoT too but I don’t know if we will get around to it 😀

We are very happy about the rent too, it means Georgia can pay her first rent payment easier in July now, plus she’s hoping to put some towards her uni field trip next year. She had a few options but the trip to Costa Rica is tempting her 😀
Old 30 Mar 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
He should be out at the weekend. He landed at 23h30 on a Saturday but arrived at the uni centre early hours of Sunday so the uni say Sunday and his immigration papers say Saturday! The uni have been quite strict (and rightly so) so O will go with whatever they say. Another night in a comfy bed would be ok
I remember you saying he was happy to stay in your hotel for the comfy bed when you visited him so I’m not surprised that he’s happy to spend the extra night in the nice bed 😀
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, kate is staying with my parents as she likes to keep an eye on them
She has had the dreaded email from universal to say the summer program has been cancelled : she was really upset about this but hopefully will get to do it next year. We now have to wait to see what’s going to happen with ours, as it stands I don’t want to go.
We have started the student finance process and she’s ready for Cardiff (use) in September
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
Glad to hear everyone is doing well, kate is staying with my parents as she likes to keep an eye on them
She has had the dreaded email from universal to say the summer program has been cancelled : she was really upset about this but hopefully will get to do it next year. We now have to wait to see what’s going to happen with ours, as it stands I don’t want to go.
We have started the student finance process and she’s ready for Cardiff (use) in September
So sorry to hear Kate’s summer program has been cancelled, I do hope she gets to go next summer. How nice of her to stay with your parents at the moment. September seems such a long way away now for them but I know Georgia is already looking forward to it 😀