Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jun 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
manchesterguy19
I have Ears

Mobile Entering disney on foot

Iam staying in a hotel within 5 mins walk of disney world, and rather not drive in if i can help it.

Does anyone know if you can enter disney on foot?

Sorry if it sounds a silly question but only ever entered on a complementry bus.

Thanks all
manchesterguy19 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

When you say within 5 mins walk, not sure where you mean? I can't think of any off site hotels 5 mins walk of magic kingdom. Do you mean from Disney Springs?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by manchesterguy19 View Post
Iam staying in a hotel within 5 mins walk of disney world, and rather not drive in if i can help it.

Does anyone know if you can enter disney on foot?

Sorry if it sounds a silly question but only ever entered on a complementry bus.

Thanks all
Which part of Disney are you close to, is it one of Disney Springs area hotels?
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

As such there's no reason why you can't enter on foot as that's what you do after parking your car.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Which hotel are you staying in?
I imagine one of the Disney Springs area hotels perhaps?
What are you planning on doing once entering WDW on foot? - Getting resort transportation from a Disney resort?

Or do you mean within 5 minutes walk of Magic Kingdom? The only MK resort hotel where you can walk from would be the Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower.

Very confused.

Perhaps you need to clarify your post a little before anyone can offer you any real advice.
x

Edited at 01:25 PM.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Even most of the car parks are at least a 5 minute walk by foot, unless you are staying at one of the boardwalk hotels where you can walk to Hollywood studios & Epcot but a little more than 5 minutes more like 10-15 depending where your room is.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The whole of WDW is an area of 25,000 acres (40 square miles) which is the approximate size of Manchester and half the size of Birmingham. Anyone can walk through WDW but it is the theme parks and water parks that require admission tickets. Yes, in theory it is possible to walk to almost anywhere on WDW but I would rather take advantage of a set of wheels, be that car or bus!
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Your hotel will be 5 minutes from Disney property. But that is 47sqm. So where are you going in Disney?

You can't walk in. It's not accessible. I don't know of any footpaths that take you in.

If staying in LBV for example, you could walk into Springs and then get a bus to a hotel then to a park but it's a faff.

A taxi/uber/lyft, bus or car is required.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
Your hotel will be 5 minutes from Disney property. But that is 47sqm. So where are you going in Disney?

You can't walk in. It's not accessible. I don't know of any footpaths that take you in.
Pretty sure you can walk in from the Crossroads area, down Hotel Plaza Boulevard to Disney Springs as I've seen people walking down there many times over the years.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Pretty sure you can walk in from the Crossroads area, down Hotel Plaza Boulevard to Disney Springs as I've seen people walking down there many times over the years.
You managed to miss out the bit of my post that said exactly that.

"If staying in LBV for example, you could walk into Springs and then get a bus to a hotel then to a park but it's a faff."

OP hasn't said where he is staying, so we are all just guessing.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List