Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Jean and Barbara do New York again in the WARM! Final Day

Final day

Well I actually had a good nights sleep last night which was handy. Got the final packing done and weighed my bag and it was touch and go at the 23kg! Went down to Barbaras room and weighed her case as well and we were both borderline! We didn't think we had bought much but obviously we had double what we came out with. I think a fair bit of mine was the Aveeno cream that I always bring back and I thought it would give me more room in my cases in October if I bought some this trip. Checked out and put the luggage in a store room for the day then we set off for breakfast and went back to Blooms on Lexington and we had a lovely final breakfast. I would recommend this one. Fully refreshed we walked down to 34th Street and the Empire State Building –

no lines at all as we were there nice and early and we got straight through the security, we passed the photo opportunity – last time we were here we bought all the photos thinking we would never be back. This year we were good and didn't bother. They had also gone up to $20 everywhere where I think they were $15 last time we went.
Up we went to the 80th floor then you change lifts to the extra 6 to the 86th floor. . I know lots of people love the Top of the Rock but to us the Empire State Building is our favourite. It was lovely to walk round and I managed to take hundreds of photos. I just prefer the views from this one and I love looking straight down onto the roads and seeing all the yellow cabs.

Sorry, I did say we took a lot of photos, nearly there!

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 10, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
A final glimpse of our favourite building from up high.

We walked through the souvenir shop and managed to buy quite a few bits and pieces including these great sweatshirts.

As we left we saw hundreds of school buses which would have frightened me to death if I had seen them all while driving in Florida! But they were dropping off loads of children at Madison Square Gardens.

We found out that there was a basketball game on there. We stopped at Starbucks then decided to walk down to Chinatown. We set off and enjoyed looking round

then we stopped at Union Square near this squirrel!

and I spotted a Best Buy so I left Barbara sitting in the park with the bags from the gift shop at the Empire State Building! Then I walked across and straight off asked about an ipad. They went to check and came back saying that a truck had just arrived and if I waited I might be lucky. They had 50 on it and hip hip hooray I got one! Went back to Barbara with a big smile on my face then we walked as far as 8th street and we were both shattered so we got the subway back to Times Square for a last little look then we sat in Bryant Park and watched people playing games - great fun.

They also had a living sculpture on display that day. It was just a lot of girls walking around a little square all day. They climbed down and changed over every hour. Didn't see the point of it myself, but it is modern art I suppose.

We walked back to the hotel to pick up our luggage then got the bus 15 dollars – 41st street dead easy. It was quite full too considering they run every 15 minutes. We got to airport and checked in and then went downstairs for a snack so barbara could have a few smokes then we went through security. Not much of a line and got through no problem. The flight was running about an hour late so we had something to eat in the airport then all too soon it was time to board.
We had good seats going home and the flight passed quite quickly and I think we both napped a bit. The good thing about a slight delay was that we got through passport control dead easy and once we got our luggage and on the road, all the rush hour had disappeared. I drove back to Anglesey And Barbaras husband picked her up and that was the end of another fantastic trip.

We did wonder if going back to a place we loved so much would be an anti climax but I can honestly say no it wasn't. We seemed to see a lot of different things this trip and even though we walked miles, I didn't feel rushed at all.

Thankyou for taking the time to read the reports. I hope you enjoyed them.

Spot the difference in this pink ladies pic and the previous one!

Watch this space... our next trip in December will be

Jean and Barbara go to Zurich! .

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 10, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I've thoroughly enjoyed reading them Jean - thanks for posting!

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 10, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
The-JAXX
Imagineer

The-JAXX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loved reading your trip reports Jean glad you had a good time
DLP-May02,Oct05,April08,FLORIDA- May03,Holiday inn,Xmas04QualityInnApril06VillasofSomerset/RPR,Aug07BahamaBay/RPR,Dec08 BahamaBay,Aug10 BahamaBay/HRH,Feb11 New York,Aug11 Cypress,Aug12 BahamaBay/Vegas,Feb14 BahamaBay,Aug14 Sanfran/Vegas/LA,Aug15 Bahamabay/Aug16 vegas/monteray /san diego/Mar17 NewYork/Dec17 Disney Cruise/Bahama Bay/Jun18 Florida/Sep18 Seattle/Hawaii/Dec18 Florida/Feb19 ParisDisney/Jun19 Barbados/Dec19 Bahama Bay
The-JAXX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 10, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks a lot for bringing back so many memories - lots of differences in the pics!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 10, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissuziq
Apprentice Imagineer

Dissuziq's Reviews
Loved reading your trip report, Ive been to NYC 3 times and you managed to do things I havent, reminds me that there is so much to do in this fab city
LA 2008,2016, DLP 2019
Dissuziq is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 10, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NCLRICH
Very Serious Dibber

NCLRICH's Reviews
Great pics Jean, really enjoyed reading them
Old 19 May 10, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Agree about Blooms but disagre about Empire State Building - I prefer Top Of The Rock

Glad you managed to get your ipad - a great way to end a great trip.

Zurich you say? Sounds good to me
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 10, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Hi Jean, lovely photos a truly great trippie. Many thanks

Karen
k l is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 10, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
liverbird
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing your trip Jean, as you know I love reading about your adventures ! Picked up some great recommendations for my 'girly' trip in November. xx