General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 3 Jan 11, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jewels_555
Excited about Disney

A little trip to Spain - Day 5, 6 and 7 - October 2010

Day 5 – Wednesday 27th October

Sorry not many photos of the last few days

Today we decided to spend on the beach – oh no – mine and Craig’s worse nightmare! We’re up at 9.30am and by 10.45am we’re sat at the English bar on Burriana beach. We have full englishes and then find a lounger on the beach. Me and Craig bought a ball and attempted to play volleyball but the sand was too hard and slightly gravelly, so most of the day I sit and read and Craig lucky took his iPad with him to watch. At 5.30pm we left the beach and headed back to Nerja. I find some toe rings as I noticed mine had broken and we head to the plaza where we find lots of cats wandering about. I stroke the cats and Craig decides to as well. We continue to walk around the shops and Craig suddenly asks me to look at his eye – its massive! – we realise it must be an allergy to the cat so we’re luckily outside an English bar and the lady lets him go wash his face. We carry on walking around and try to find a chemist but they’re all closed. We decide to go back and eat at the English bar – I have lasagne, Craig and Claire have steak pie and chips and Dad has veg curry. We arrive back at 10.30pm and head straight to bed – I think the lie ins make me and Craig more tired!

Heres a couple of photos of Nerja:

Heres the cat!

Day 6 – Thursday 28th October

Again today we have a beach day. We’re up at 9am and head to Burriana beach at 10am. It looks pretty cloudy but says 18 degrees on the car dash. We have breakfast at OLAS – we took a liking to this place – me and Craig also found it had free wi-fi! By 12pm we’re on the beach and stay again til 5.30pm – me and Craig agree that beach holidays are not our thing! It never seems to get sunny all day and I have to wrap up for a while in my jumper. Again we head into Nerja for Dad and Claires cigs before we fly home tomorrow. We get back to the apartment and pack and weigh things. We make salsa wraps for tea and then head to have a drink on the beach. We’re back at 10.30pm as we have a long day tomorrow.

Day 7 – Friday 29th October

I have nothing written down in my book for today and no photos!

We head to a market in Alumecar in the morning and buy a couple of presents. We then have a wander around the town but little seems to be open or interesting. At 11.30am we go and have sandwiches in a café and ring Claires dad to find out if our flights had been affected by the strikes in France – lucky they weren’t. Our flight back wasn’t until 8.30pm so we hang around in the apartment and Duncan comes to get the keys off us as well as ask my Dad to look at his laptop! At 3pm we set off back to Malaga airport to drop off the car and get into the airport.

We end up been in the airport a bit too early although only wait 15 minutes before the check-in desk opens. Dad and Claire stop outside for a final cig before we go through security. We head through and have a look around the duty free shop. Craig buys a Lacoste bag for his iPad and I resist buying make-up! Dad goes and plays with Bose headphones (which he is now a proud owner of seen as I couldn’t think of anything else he wanted for Christmas!). We eat at pizza hut and then pass through to the gate when it’s announced.

Now I can remember Craig asking if I wanted some M&Ms for the flight so I ask him to go get some seen as everyone is already queuing for our flight. I give him his boarding pass and off he goes. He gets back and I ask for his boarding pass…. He checks all pockets and is certain he’d put it in his back pocket. He runs back to the shop to ask if he had left it – he hadn’t, we check the floor and bins and our bags. We wait until a lady gets to the desk and she shakes her head and writes Craig a new one – we were only panicking as we knew it was our responsibility to print them off! 10 minutes later just as we’re about to board a Spanish cleaner comes to us and taps Craig on the shoulder and hands him his boarding pass! She starts speaking in Spanish so we haven’t got a clue where it came from! We board the plane and the woman then has to change something on her computer as Craig now has 2 boarding passes and we eventually get on. The flight back wasn’t too bad some turbulence but I fall asleep.

When we land we get our luggage in about 10 minutes and head to the shuttle bus back to the car park. Then we set off on our drive home in the cold and wet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1408.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	29164   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1253.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	29165  
2018 Universal Orlando Cabana Bay
jewels_555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 11, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List