Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Sep 17, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sindysam
Imagineer

Mobile Have bag will travel. Sam, Laura and Gucci trippie

HAVE BAG WILL TRAVEL

PRE TRAVEL DAY

Hi I'm Sam, off tomorrow on a girls holiday with my long distance friend Laura.

.Staying in POFQ with DDP. I'm currently travelling from Chippenham to Manchester by train. The train is not taking the strain and I'm very stressed right now.

So today is pre travel day and it's been pretty rubbish so far. I've missed every train due to their lateness. I've stood with my luggage and I've inhaled pure faeces from hovering by the loo door (in a non Pervy way)

I now have a fire extinguisher stuck in my back, a suitcase handle up my bottom , a dog guffing and sniffing my feet and a chap getting slowly hammered breathing all over me and not once did he offer me a sip, no just kept slowly sinking them beers.

I just got offered a seat but not only couldn't I unwedge suitcase handle from my bum quick enough, said man has a serious hygiene problem! 💩 BO!

Thought I'd have a drink in my confined train corner and have just sprayed fellow squashees with Lucozade original. Oh how we laughed!

2 more hours of hell to go then meeting Laura and having food. Which I am desperate for as trying to munch a chicken and stuffing sandwich in such close quarters just isn't appropriate and to b honest with the dogs aroma my appetite has almost gone.

This eve is food at an Italian in Manchester Piccadilly and on to Radisson Blu at Man airport.

Flight 10.30 am tomorrow morning

Thanks for reading, will update with other half of journey later.

Edited to say: I'm travelling with a stoma bag for the first time. Eek! So if I can keep this up it may be of some interest to fellow baggies. (Mine is called Gucci for future reference)
Old 3 Sep 17, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh dear , but just think it will only get better once you get to Manchester ... hope the train picks up a bit of speed between now and there.
Have a fantastic holiday
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Your writing style is very descriptive, and entertaining to read, although sounds like it wasn't actually entertaining to experience, poor thing. Anyway have a fabulous trip, looking forward to hearing more
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sindysam
Imagineer

Mobile

PRE TRAVEL DAY PART ii

HAVE BAG WILL TRAVEL

Pre travel part ii

So the last two hours were reasonably ok. I finally got a seat and the half cut man managed to jiggle the luggage about and I was very grateful despite his breath and his swagger.

I then sat next to the window and ate my chicken and stuffing sandwich. And finally saw train man who checked my ticket and didn't notice I was on wrong train. He was the only member of staff I saw on whole 6 hour journey.

Arrived at Manchester Piccadilly at 17.30. Whacked the train door and my case into the back of my leg and pretended it didn't hurt, whilst swearing under my breath, then got wedged in the barrier and a kind fat controller freed me.

Finally met Laura at the station and checked into Carluccio's Italian restaurant and had macaroni cheese with truffles and chicken liver pate, red onion marmalade and toast. Was yummy but pricey.

Last train ride to Manchester Airport and check into Radisson Blu. Room is lovely, beds comfy and it's clean. Fab view of planes taking off.

We walked over to the terminal 2 building for a special assistant lanyard **after asking a rude barrier moving staff member who sent us down stairs and not 1 metre to the left where special assistance is! Finally located desk. After collecting with zero questions asked. We then got all huffy in a lift when someone pressed to go down and we wanted up. Was very embarrassing as we were actually on the right floor and this was pointed out by the other family. 😜 We walked the 5 minutes back along the skyway.
Back to the room and time for a cuppa which I poured over the bright Daz white quilt and a cookie which I crumbled all over my sheets.

Alarm set for 6 but possibly not much sleep due to excitedness for tomorrow's journey across the Atlantic.

Not very exciting I know. Excitement to follow I'm sure.

** The lanyard is available to those suffering with invisible illnesses such as Autism, Dementia and Crohn's Disease etc..
It gives you priority boarding and fast pass through security. As far as I know it's only available in Manchester airport. But worth using. I will update you tomorrow on how well it works.
Old 4 Sep 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Safe travels!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Ooh just read this. So hope you've had a better travel day today 🤞🏻
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List