Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Sep 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mine wasn’t this year - all went ahead as usual in July - results were quick too. This is S Wales too (NPT) I don’t think I would have gone privately unless I have symptoms. I think I would have waited 3 months.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I turn 50 next year I had an appointment booked May time this year obviously cancelled I haven't heard anything about it being rearranged yet, I assume they will be in touch when things are operating more normally or they have cleared a backlog
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
The 19th Sept is my 2 year anniversary of diagnosis of breast cancer. I am due a follow up appointment and a mammogram- not heard anything. I have rang and been told they are now doing telephone appointments and then mammograms... no suggestion of any dates. Very anxious but don’t want to ring and pester 😞 this pandemic has affected so many routine follow ups that really need carrying out.
Please don’t worry about being a nuisance calling them regularly. You have to do what’s best for you. xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
The 19th Sept is my 2 year anniversary of diagnosis of breast cancer. I am due a follow up appointment and a mammogram- not heard anything. I have rang and been told they are now doing telephone appointments and then mammograms... no suggestion of any dates. Very anxious but don’t want to ring and pester 😞 this pandemic has affected so many routine follow ups that really need carrying out.
My area doesn’t do the appointment on the anniversary they do it 12 months after you appointment the year before so if each year you are a week late due to days they do testing or perhaps you can’t do certain dates - each year it gets later. Hope that makes sense!

I totally get what you mean as I hate calling too! It was 5 years this year.
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you - will ring on Friday to chase as that’s the closest to the date
Old 16 Sep 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Congratulations on 5 years and than you
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I’m due mine in Nov but after speaking to the screening centre it’s clear that there will be a long delay well into 2021.

Obviously this affects a lot of us women, and I’m wondering if anyone has thought about having it done privately ? I’m aware that the images won’t be added to my NHS records.

I would still have the NHS screening done whenever that is, to make sure my NHS record is up to date.

What do you think ?
Linda.

From Mrs Morrow. As I said earlier my appointment was Tuesday. Had the all clear letter today so that was a really quick turnaround

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

If there's anything (changes) at all that is worrying you about it, then yes, please don't wait, a private, quick appointment could be invaluable. If it's purely waiting for the routine appointment, then I'd probably just sit it out.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List