Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Dec 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Boiler in the bathroom

Hi there
We have just bought an old cottage and the boiler is in the bathroom. Would eventually like to completely renovate the room but it will have to wait awhile as we’ve just done the kitchen lol
Just wanted to know if anyone else has a boiler in their bathroom and also how you have disguised it. Many thanks any photos would be appreciated
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We have a boiler in our bathroom and it’s disguised by a wooden cupboard with space underneath for towels.

We didn’t put the cupboard in. It was in when we moved in and I’m guessing it’s custom made, not something bought. I’ll see if I can find pictures.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Boiler in the tall cupboard.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post

Boiler in the tall cupboard.
Oh wow that’s really nice. Our boiler is right above the toilet. All the pipes etc run down behind the cistern. Then it’s boxed round but all exposed at the front. It looks hideous lol. I will try find a photo from when we bought the house.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Here it is in all its glory !
Old 20 Dec 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

Ours is in a built in cupboard that was here when we bought the house, with space above and below for storage.

Is there any room to move yours or to move your toilet so that you could create a cupboard for it?!
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Here it is in all its glory !
What a bizarre place for them to either have put the boiler or the toilet. Could you make the box thing into a cupboard with a door on? Or as someone else suggested, move the toilet?
Old 20 Dec 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sonill
Excited about Disney

Ours is in the bathroom and above/behind the toilet but we had a cupboard built around it and the toilet sits in front of the cupboard, the bottom half is tiled behind. Have taken a pic

sonill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Unfortunately nowhere else to move toilet and I would like to reduce the size of the box around the boiler somehow as the basin is so small and I would ideally like to replace that. It’s a bizarre layout really but the cottage is very old and the bathroom was an add on, all done without much thought I think lol
Perhaps I will do the door etc on the front for the time being and save up for a bathroom overhaul 😉😉
Old 20 Dec 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Unfortunately nowhere else to move toilet and I would like to reduce the size of the box around the boiler somehow as the basin is so small and I would ideally like to replace that. It’s a bizarre layout really but the cottage is very old and the bathroom was an add on, all done without much thought I think lol
Perhaps I will do the door etc on the front for the time being and save up for a bathroom overhaul 😉😉
What type is it? Gas? I know you can get external oil boilers but can you get gas ones? Or can you put it in the loft? Mil’s is in her loft at her little single storey cottage. Good luck