Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I have the Samsung add wash and it’s brilliant. Best one I’ve had.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Hi,

We found ourselves in a similar position in April. We wanted a 10kg drum machine that we could fit our summer weight king size duvet in, and the machine we got manages this.

We were recommended a Haier model. I'd never heard of them but the reviews were good so we took the plunge and so far I have found it to be excellent.

A couple of features I particularly like are the steam feature, the easy clean soap dispenser tray and the light in the drum to help me see the odd sock I would otherwise miss.

We got this model hw100 b14979s washing-machine in silver from AO.

Hope this helps.

It is much quieter than our old machine as well.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I am usually a Bosch fan but my last washing machine didn't last long so I replaced with a Zannussi which is still going strong after over 12 years.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

We have an LG direct drive that we bought at Xmas, love it, so quiet compared to our last washer and a huge 9kg drum!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a Siemens which is used at least twice every day and after 8 years is still going strong.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

I have had a 11kg Beko and love it (its still going strong and it wasn't expensive) - really simple and flexible programmes and big enough for a Summer duvet.

I needed another machine (don't ask !) and had become addicted to a big drum as it washes so much beter and of course handy for larger items !

Unfortunately Beko no longer made the larger drum version so I took the plunge and bought the Hoover -500 with a massive 14kg drum ! About £150 dearer than the Beko but Hoover periodically run a £50 cashback deal which I was able to benefit from via AO.

Unfortunately I HATE this machine - its complicated programmes and basically day one its been cursed with problems. For example - wouldn't fill on certain programmes, filled up without selecting programmes, randomly jumping around the kitchen on certain programmes (but not on others on a higher spin) - still soapy at the end of the wash ... to name but a few. Came to the conclusion it was faulty after a few weeks and I am expecting a replacement this week. To be honest AO were great and said I could choose another model but I really wanted the massive drum (nobody else's comes near for under £500) so I'm sticking with this model in the hope I just had a one off bad un'.

I'll keep you posted !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jpy10
Excited about Disney

Excellent Thanks for the reply's guys
Old 7 Jul 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I had a Bosch that after 8 years fault free in a family of four, with two playing Rugby was sold with a House. I would therefore recommend Bosch. I understand that it is still working 5 years onwards.

I have an LG one that is now 5 years old. Again, it’s performance has been faultless and therefore I would recommend LG.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
On the cheaper end I’ve been over the moon with our Beko. 8kg drum, loads of settings, nice and quiet and looks brand new 3 years later.
We bought ours a few months back. Got to say its great it does a full 8kg wash (normal to lightly soiled) in half hour.

argos/product/8020...ckPR=plp:17:30
Old 7 Jul 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
Hi,

We found ourselves in a similar position in April. We wanted a 10kg drum machine that we could fit our summer weight king size duvet in, and the machine we got manages this.

We were recommended a Haier model. I'd never heard of them but the reviews were good so we took the plunge and so far I have found it to be excellent.

A couple of features I particularly like are the steam feature, the easy clean soap dispenser tray and the light in the drum to help me see the odd sock I would otherwise miss.

We got this model hw100 b14979s washing-machine in silver from AO.

Hope this helps.

It is much quieter than our old machine as well.
We bought a Haier washer dryer and fridge freezer from AO a few months ago.
We’d never heard of them but I am very impressed, I love them both.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List