Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Jul 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

apple.news/AvAh-VId8Q8aHo0hY_wnJlA

Just seen this so at least it looks unlikely they will stop letting us in!
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
Same here OLS! We’ve just come out of isolation having tested positive. We’re all having supervised predeparture LFTs as we’d rather test positive here than in Greece.

As you say though it’s the day 2 PCR which is our concern. Hoping that 6 weeks will be enough to have flushed it out though! 🤞
Yeah - I think we will be unlucky to still test positive on the day 2 PCR but IF we do I will be arguing the case that the government themselves offered the covid events pass for people who had tested positive for covid in the last 180 days and see where we get!

I haven't used them but apparantly qured/ are doing supervised anti gen tests before departure - they are £39 pp

We are just going to do our own Lateral flows and will take some with us as well to regularly test while we are away!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Yeah - I think we will be unlucky to still test positive on the day 2 PCR but IF we do I will be arguing the case that the government themselves offered the covid events pass for people who had tested positive for covid in the last 180 days and see where we get!

I haven't used them but apparantly qured/ are doing supervised anti gen tests before departure - they are £39 pp

We are just going to do our own Lateral flows and will take some with us as well to regularly test while we are away!
Thanks OLS…by chance I’ve just contacted qured to see if they do outbound LFT as they only talk about inbound.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Another issue I’ve found is that the LFT has to be taken within 48hr of ‘arrival’. So for us arriving Sunday evening we’d have to be tested on the Saturday. Weekend testing? Not found one as yet…have asked qured that too.

This was supposed to be easy!
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Anyone found a company that will do a supervised Rapid Antigen Test? All I can find is PCR.
Breathe Assured do supervised rapid tests.

I've booked one for my son.
Old 21 Jul 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post

Many Thanks Tocpe321! 👍 We have a winner! Very easy website. 4 video call tests booked for Saturday 7th Aug! Brilliant!

Another step forward! 😀
Old 21 Jul 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post

Hi, is this for the antigen test needed 48 hours before departure?
We have booked DD in to have the test in Boots in Manchester the day before we travel, but it’s a 75 minute journey, so would much rather do it from home. Thanks.
Old 21 Jul 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
Hi, is this for the antigen test needed 48 hours before departure?
We have booked DD in to have the test in Boots in Manchester the day before we travel, but it’s a 75 minute journey, so would much rather do it from home. Thanks.
Yes it is. I went through the hassle of registration with boots and at the end if the process the site says the boots Salisbury don’t do LFT! That annoyed me somewhat! 😡

This one is cheaper and the site is so much easier to use. I booked the appointment for day before departure (think they confirm time slot later) and I think it said certificate comes through in an hour after the test. 👍

Edited at 10:13 PM.
Old 21 Jul 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Yes it is. I went through the hassle of registration with boots and at the end if the process the site says the boots Salisbury don’t do LFT! That annoyed me somewhat! 😡

This one is cheaper and the site is so much easier to use. I booked the appointment for day before departure (think they confirm time slot later) and I think it said certificate comes through in an hour after the test. 👍
That’s excellent thank you so much for the info, will go and check it out now.

I also went through the registration etc with Boots, only to find that all the appts for the Liverpool store were full for the day we needed, so had to choose Manchester. Will hopefully be able to cancel it, as think they don’t take payment until the day.

Thank you!
Old 21 Jul 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Please let us know where you are getting your tests from . Especially the ones in Corfu. My son is due to go in a fortnight to Corfu
Thanks

PS well done on getting DD and boyfriend their second jab. Must be a relief
Hi Buryboy,
I emailed our hotel in Corfu to ask if there are any local clinics etc that will be doing the tests we need to come home, and they replied to say that their in-house Doctors can do the antigen tests, for €25 per person.
Seems quite handy, and am assuming they will be the required standard of tests, so we will probs go down that route.

There’s some info on the Trip Advisor Corfu boards re. different clinics etc there. Hope your son gets sorted.