Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

[QUOTE=kermit1982;15080062]
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
It’s not cheap, is it! Still think this comes out lower than direct with TUI at the moment, so might still be worth it for us (we’re ex GLA). Hope you get yours sorted

Nope not cheap but when I did a dummy booking with Tui from Glasgow I thought was good price until I started adding baggage etc we would have then had train to Aberdeen then on to Glasgow and hotel too.
so much better for us to go Aberdeen/Heathrow and I think the price we got was good considering we have night in London added. So 4 flights and hotel for £712 ish p/p I’m happy with. 😅 good luck xx
Absolutely the same for us travelling from Belfast, once everything was added up BA were still much more reasonable.
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

From my experience of flying BA from EDI to US/Mexico have probably booked around 40 flights (4 per trip) and never prebooked seats, and always been seated together (4 pax).
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

If you are flying indirect with BA you also have the advantage of being able to check in (and choose/move seats) 24 hours before your indirect flight time giving you an advantage to choose seats before those flying direct although anytime we’ve used BA we have always went to check in and were already sitting together anyway
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

[QUOTE=kermit1982;15080062]
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
It’s not cheap, is it! Still think this comes out lower than direct with TUI at the moment, so might still be worth it for us (we’re ex GLA). Hope you get yours sorted

Nope not cheap but when I did a dummy booking with Tui from Glasgow I thought was good price until I started adding baggage etc we would have then had train to Aberdeen then on to Glasgow and hotel too.
so much better for us to go Aberdeen/Heathrow and I think the price we got was good considering we have night in London added. So 4 flights and hotel for £712 ish p/p I’m happy with. 😅 good luck xx
Oh, I’d be happy with that, too. That’s a decent price. Even with BA we are about £850 per person without hotels. I’m going to price it all again tonight, as the TUI price has started to drop (a little!) 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by familybell View Post
If you are flying indirect with BA you also have the advantage of being able to check in (and choose/move seats) 24 hours before your indirect flight time giving you an advantage to choose seats before those flying direct although anytime we’ve used BA we have always went to check in and were already sitting together anyway
Originally Posted by trampslikeus View Post
From my experience of flying BA from EDI to US/Mexico have probably booked around 40 flights (4 per trip) and never prebooked seats, and always been seated together (4 pax).
Thanks, both, but I’m afraid I’m a bit of a coward when it comes to seats. We’d be miserable not sitting together and it would just ruin the start of our holiday, so I couldn’t risk it. It does sound like BA is decent with the allocations, though, which is good 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Sorry for jumping in on this thread but it will save me starting a new one.

I normally book flight only however with things as they are I would like to book flights and carhire to make it a package and just pay a deposit. My DH is silver with BA. When n I have booked, can I go into ‘Manage my booking’ and book our seats for free?

Thanks
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Sorry for jumping in on this thread but it will save me starting a new one.

I normally book flight only however with things as they are I would like to book flights and carhire to make it a package and just pay a deposit. My DH is silver with BA. When n I have booked, can I go into ‘Manage my booking’ and book our seats for free?

Thanks
Yup, as long as he's the lead name on the booking - you can book your seats for free other than exit rows and front of cabin.

As for the other seat price question, I booked July next year in WT+ and paid £572 for 5 seats each way to get the back row. Expensive, but worth it to be able to recline without disturbing anyone - Seats were £44x3 and £77x2
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by JoanicSicos View Post
Yup, as long as he's the lead name on the booking - you can book your seats for free other than exit rows and front of cabin.

As for the other seat price question, I booked July next year in WT+ and paid £572 for 5 seats each way to get the back row. Expensive, but worth it to be able to recline without disturbing anyone - Seats were £44x3 and £77x2
We normally fly Virgin and do this. It’s great not having to worry about annoying someone!
Old 3 Aug 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

[QUOTE=JoanicSicos;15083144]Yup, as long as he's the lead name on the booking - you can book your seats for free other than exit rows and front of cabin.

As for the other seat price question, I booked July next year in WT+ and paid £572 for 5 seats each way to get the back row. Expensive, but worth it to be able to recline without disturbing anyone - Seats were £44x3 and £77x2[/QUOTE

Surely you would have been better in the Front Row - as more importantly no one can recline on you ?

That's what I've done, fortunately BA Silver so swerved the £292 cost return for two of us.]
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

In something that is always controversial, I tend not to recline if it would infringe on someone else space - so in that regard, having no one behind me is more important than no one in front.

Either way, at least on my flight, the front row is blocked out - either already booked or reserved for bassinets, so it wouldn't have mattered .
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List