Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Aug 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
Sorry all. I’m out for this year. Had some bad news and have had to cancel at the last minute. Good luck to you all and have a great time. 👍☀️🙂
Really sorry, DisneyYoda. Take care.

Thanks for your support and information on here.

Old 7 Aug 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
Sorry all. I’m out for this year. Had some bad news and have had to cancel at the last minute. Good luck to you all and have a great time. 👍☀️🙂
Sorry to hear this, take care.
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Anyone that’s travelled? How long would you recommend allowing for the airport?
I’m thinking we d best allow 3 hours rather than the usual 2 for short haul as I presume check in is taking longer?
Check-in didn’t take any longer than usual for us. We had all our documents printed and handed them in with the passports and it didn’t take any extra time than usual.

We got to Manchester almost 4 hours before the flight as friends had said there was reports of delays at the airport, but it was relatively quiet and we had to wait around for about an hour for them to open the flight. So for us flying EasyJet from Manchester, 3 hours would have been plenty of time 🙂
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Anyone that’s travelled? How long would you recommend allowing for the airport?
I’m thinking we d best allow 3 hours rather than the usual 2 for short haul as I presume check in is taking longer?
Check in was really easy - flew Tui from BHX. I would not be there too early as very little to do and with a mask on constantly I didn’t want to be too long just waiting.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post
Check in was really easy - flew Tui from BHX. I would not be there too early as very little to do and with a mask on constantly I didn’t want to be too long just waiting.
Good point! The less time in a mask the better
Old 7 Aug 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Am I right in thinking you are flying BA?
You will have uploaded all documents anyway before checking so they will only give them a quick glance.
Everything in t5 is open so lots of browsing opportunities.
I pre ordered my duty free so just had to collect it and pay,
The BA lounge was quite busy and don’t forget the champagne!
Old 7 Aug 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I haven’t booked yet but I think Oceania is winning over Olivia for me right now. The prices are more or less equal.

The price including flights for ten nights is so reasonable and we have £350 in BA travel vouchers to use too

I’m sort of loathe to book until a bit closer the time but I’m loving hearing about them all !
We went to IKOS Dassia in 2019 our first experience with them and were blown away 😊 can’t wait to get back.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Anyone else putting off ordering their day two tests?
I need to sort them but it just seems such an extra pointless expense!
Am I right in thinking you can go to work etc before you’ve done them anyway?
Old 9 Aug 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My children are flying home tomorrow and I completed the uk plf for them last night,
We had to put the test provider and ref number on the plf to complete it,
Not sure if this is a requirement or not, maybe there is a way to bypass it on the form?
Old 9 Aug 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Has anyone ordered their day two tests when they are away or the day before? Just thinking they are not refundable are they?