Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I watched it yesterday and it made me yearn to go back. It won't be next year as we have a shed load of DVC points to use and Japan is on the cards for 2023 but hopefully the following year. We did an epic road trip from San Fran to San Diego and loved the laid back vibe to the place.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Video is fab! I'm really looking forward to our first California trip next summer. Flights and car are booked with BA
It was supposed to be this year so will now have more money to blow
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Me too but not holding any hope

Here is an interesting article published tonight - shows the ban right now defies all sensible logic except being P word

thetimes/article/w...rica-0qw2gq8sh
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Thanks for posting that Bozza, great watch. We'll be back next summer for 3 weeks. Flights booked yesterday evening and really looking forward to it.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Thanks for posting that Bozza, great watch. We'll be back next summer for 3 weeks. Flights booked yesterday evening and really looking forward to it.
May I ask who with and what kinda dates?

It's suddenly dawned on me this morning that after having multiple tabs open for weeks checking prices for both Florida and California for all of Christmas, Easter and the Summer, I now need to get my backside into gear.

Prices have been very good for a while and it was only the assumption that the border wasn't opening any time soon that had me not booking anything.

I now need to get dog-sitters lined up and some flights booked in!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
May I ask who with and what kinda dates?

It's suddenly dawned on me this morning that after having multiple tabs open for weeks checking prices for both Florida and California for all of Christmas, Easter and the Summer, I now need to get my backside into gear.

Prices have been very good for a while and it was only the assumption that the border wasn't opening any time soon that had me not booking anything.

I now need to get dog-sitters lined up and some flights booked in!
We're into Vancouver then train down to Seattle and Portland.

Then fly into SFO and make our way down to San Diego. I switched companies recently and have a lifestyle expense account so flights are courtesy of them, flying into VAN bumped up the price compared to all an CA trip. Had we done LHR-SFO or LAX return prices were still very reasonable for next August esp when you're comparing to MCO flights but not as good as they had been this time last year for summer 2021. To be expected I suppose.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Thanks for posting Bozza that’s it mind my is made up. We were booked to go there last year like so many had their plans changed. Not able to next year as holidays were moved to next year . Looking at may 2023. Was thinking of returning to Orlando when things have settled. Having never been to California I have decided it’s back on ..
Tinks2014 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

This weekends Saturday Daily Telegraph travel section (back page) ran a great article about my friend and his hubby called ‘The Holiday That Changed me - I never properly got to say goodbye” - it will whet your appetite to return (plus its a strong piece on LGBT+) - I recommend reading it (and seeing the photos)

PS I dont buy the Telegraph but being ill in hospital read it and every paper rather than watch inane TV

Edited at 08:41 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lockdown cost us another West coast road trip. Desperate to go back and do another plus I have a cousin who lives just outside LA who I owe lunch!

I do photobooks of our trips and they bring back so many happy memories.

Getting on a bit now so need a decent trip before I am unable to drive all those miles.

Might just p!anning tomorrow
Old 4 Oct 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
This weekends Saturday Daily Telegraph travel section (back page) ran a great article about my friend and his hubby called ‘The Holiday That Changed me - I never properly got to say goodbye” - it will whet your appetite to return (plus its a strong piece on LGBT+) - I recommend reading it (and seeing the photos)

PS I dont buy the Telegraph but being ill in hospital read it and every paper rather than watch inane TV
I'll try to hunt it out.

Thanks for confirming that re: The Telegraph - I was about to unfriend you - it seemed completely out of character!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List