Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Oct 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Anybody work for Boots?

I used to until redundancy 12yrs ago, I was fortunate to keep my discount card . I know its double discount week but you can't order online, so I tend to go into my local store with a list and they order for me to collect and I get double discount.
I had a set of No7 perfect and protect on the list, £74.95, but noticed it was online only, but forgot to cross it off. I told the assistant, so she tried it and said it had gone through ok. Well, I checked my receipt when I got home, and it says discount exempt, so that will be returned when it arrives.
I have gone on the website as it said online only and put it in my basket, however, instead of giving me the single 22.5% discount, it is only giving me £9.37, does anyone that works for Boots know why?
Old 9 Oct 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

You can’t use double discount online, it has to be in store, so that’s why it’s only showing the single discount. There are a few things that are discount exempt so it might just not work at all in store. I was trying to double check on my account but can’t see a No 7 item for £74.95, have you got the link to it?
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
You can’t use double discount online, it has to be in store, so that’s why it’s only showing the single discount. There are a few things that are discount exempt so it might just not work at all in store. I was trying to double check on my account but can’t see a No 7 item for £74.95, have you got the link to it?
I know you can't get double discount online, but it wasn't even giving me the single 22.5%, just £9.37.

boots/no7-protect-pe...egime-10294270
Old 9 Oct 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by burkie View Post
I know you can't get double discount online, but it wasn't even giving me the single 22.5%, just £9.37.

boots/no7-protect-pe...egime-10294270
Ooo yes sorry it’s No 7 so the higher discount. Weird it’s giving you the non No 7 discount You’d think it would be the full discount or nothing!

I’ve just added it to my basket and it’s only giving me the £9.37 off too. Maybe because it’s already on such a good saving it’s not letting much more be taken off?! I’m in there tomorrow so will see if anyone knows why for you

Edited at 07:54 PM.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Ooo yes sorry it’s No 7 so the higher discount. Weird it’s giving you the non No 7 discount You’d think it would be the full discount or nothing!

I’ve just added it to my basket and it’s only giving me the £9.37 off too. Maybe because it’s already on such a good saving it’s not letting much more be taken off?! I’m in there tomorrow so will see if anyone knows why for you
Its very odd because other No7 items it gives 22.5%
Old 9 Oct 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Even odder, I've just put each item separately into the basket and it has given me 22.5% discount, so if I go in store and get it, it should, by rights, give me double discount. Bought separately its on 3 for 2 so I'd also get 6 items instead of 5
Old 9 Oct 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by burkie View Post
Its very odd because other No7 items it gives 22.5%
Yea exactly. It should either go though as no discount, 22.5 or 50%. Not sure why it’s adding the lower non No 7 discount!

Hopefully buying them separately will work for you. It’s still a fair bit cheaper buying them like that at least
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

It sounds like when the product was set up, it was set up with the wrong discount. Can’t help with the discount exempt thing though.

Do you want to PM me the item code, and I’ll flag it when I’m back in the office on Monday, but it won’t change anything for DD unfortunately.

I went to Meadowhall to do my DD shopping today, spent a small fortune.
2026 - maybe...

Edited at 12:28 AM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
It sounds like when the product was set up, it was set up with the wrong discount. Can’t help with the discount exempt thing though.

Do you want to PM me the item code, and I’ll flag it when I’m back in the office on Monday, but it won’t change anything for DD unfortunately.

I went to Meadowhall to do my DD shopping today, spent a small fortune.
PM sent
I'm due to collect in store on Tues so I'll just return them and re-order individually while I'm there. Wonder how many others have bought it and not noticed though.
Like you, I spent a small fortune too.