Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Oct 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amf View Post
Oh what happy memories that sign brings back. That is the bit of Osceola where, if you weren't familiar with the surface of the road, you would swear that there was something wrong with your tyres. I thought I had a puncture the first time I drove on that stretch! My faveourite bit of Osceola is crossing the I4 west to east and seeing the Gaylord Palms - great view of the resort.

Currently sitting here in one of my Izod tops - most bought from Ross, who I've always found the cheapest, if not the most visually appealing.
My autistic daughter loves that bumpy bridge. I get sound effects from her every time.

There is now a 5 Guys right across 535 from Indian Wells at the newish Sunrise Plaza. There is a Publix, Ross, TJ Maxx and quite a few other restaurants there now as well.
Old 18 Oct 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
My autistic daughter loves that bumpy bridge. I get sound effects from her every time.

There is now a 5 Guys right across 535 from Indian Wells at the newish Sunrise Plaza. There is a Publix, Ross, TJ Maxx and quite a few other restaurants there now as well.
Aw, bless

Yes we dined at that 5 Guys and visited Ross there last time we were over - summer 2019. Publix we've always found handy for getting hands on Longhorn Steak seasoning. Branches only seem to have a few bottles each of this seasoning so we have ransacked the Publix at Berry Town Centre (Mick's fav), the one at Premium Outlets (Regency Village) and the one at the junction 535/192 for this seasoning... just to make sure we had enough to last till our next trip
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can I just say that after 18 months of doom and gloom how nice it is to see a thread move from transponders to Longhorn steak seasoning via Izod golf shirts inside just 12 posts.

Long may it continue.

Mick
Old 2 Nov 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Above is correct.. Doesn't matter if its switched on or off.
Hi andy, we have booked our car with you and using dollar, just seen they have high rates using there pass for the tolls so will just use cash, do you know what we have to do to avoid being charged by dollar, thanks
abbiev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by abbiev View Post
Hi andy, we have booked our car with you and using dollar, just seen they have high rates using there pass for the tolls so will just use cash, do you know what we have to do to avoid being charged by dollar, thanks
Interested in this info too please xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Just to clarify, even if we pay cash for tolls (which is what we planned to do) the car rental company will still charge us for going through them?
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by popsiwinkle View Post
Just to clarify, even if we pay cash for tolls (which is what we planned to do) the car rental company will still charge us for going through them?
No, there will be no rental company charges when you pay cash. Just make sure you have a few dollars in coins for the unmanned ones.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
No, there will be no rental company charges when you pay cash. Just make sure you have a few dollars in coins for the unmanned ones.
A couple of years ago a thread went viral about Avis charging via Sunpass when drivers said that they'd paid cash.

Always worth getting a receipt if this concerns you. Ask at the manned plazas or press a button near the basket at the unmanned tolls.

Never happened to me I have to say.

Mick
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Great, I was getting very confused by discussions about turning off transponders! We always have heaps of quarters, I don't think my dad ever let us spend a quarter on holiday in case we needed it for tolls...
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List