Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 22 Oct 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
Basically you fill a small bowl/pot with gold or Jewel coloured items. You can add anything depending on budget but the
Easiest version Pots of gold usually contain things like choc coins, Ferraro Roche, gold wrapped toffee ect some people wrap in cellophane with ribbon to make them extra fancy

I sometimes do pots of jewels as my youngest can’t have dairy and it’s not always easy to find dairyfree alternatives in gold packaging.
You could even do a silver version if that matched your colour scheme
Our table is going to be full of table gifts , I love this idea!
Dunelm have some little dip bowls for 75p each which would be fab to do this with.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Last Christmas I got some personalised coasters with photographs of each member of the family taken with our grandaughter ( so her mummy got one of her and her daughter, daddy got one with him and his daughter etc) and I put them face down on the table so they looked like ordinary coasters. Then when we were all sat down I told them to turn them over and they loved them!

I also put a little mini box of Hotel Chocolat by each place setting, the ones with just 4 choccies in.
Oh where did you get the coasters please Nana?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Oh where did you get the coasters please Nana?
I got them from Next online I will check and see if they still do them.

Edited at 03:18 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Home bargains do tiny wooden puzzles that would be great for a table gift. They are pretty cheap too, I am sure they are less than £1.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've usually got a small sized game ready for the table. So that between courses we can pause and play and they have something to do while I'm sorting the next course. I've had reideeer racing crackers before, or table size jenga, paper aeroplane making placemats. All create chaos but all good fun!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I normally just do the Lindt mini chocolate santa next to each plate and crackers (this year with teddy bears inside). But this thread has given me some great ideas!

I ordered personalised drink stirrers from Etsy - might pop them on the table instead of stockings.
Old 28 Oct 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We have scratch card and chocolate . I been making these so this is this years make . Last year I made personalised crackers .
I absolutely adore these! Have been looking to see if I can buy something similar but can't seem to find anything. You are very clever!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I once wrapped boxed baubles with the year on for girlfriends I had over for dinner and put them on top of the plate setting - they were from the Pier - that’s how long ago it was !
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Rather than table gifts/crackers, we are going to play ‘pass the presents dice game’ . Looks good fun and something different. Will get some silly presents and some nicer ones that everyone might try and ‘steal’
etsy/uk/listing/9273...iABEgIODvD_BwE

Edited at 07:35 PM.
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
I absolutely adore these! Have been looking to see if I can buy something similar but can't seem to find anything. You are very clever!
Have a look on eBay. I just put wooden Lindt as a search and found some

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List