Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Oct 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
BA fly drive - flight time changed, car hire time not

Hi all,

BA have bought our flight time forward by 2 hours so now we are due to land at MCO at 5pm instead of 7pm. Our Avis car hire which is part of the package doesn't seem to have been altered though. Do I need to make contact or will they be ok with us showing up 2 hours early (probably a lot less once we have got through immigration).
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Usually it doesn't matter but to avoid any worry and stress then give them a shout to make sure it's updated for you
Old 25 Oct 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Ours is the same Abi. I did think about phoning BA but they've been notoriously difficult to get through to over the past few months so I didn't bother. I thought that by the time we're through security and have our bags it wouldn't be too much before the time on the booking.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Thankyou, yes, I don't fancy my luck trying to get through to BA on something so trivial. I assume Avis have been made aware of the flight number anyway & will track the arrival time. Fingers crossed.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Don't bother about it. I would only inform them if the change meant that I arrived either before midnight on the day that is the start of the booking or after midnight on the same day. They are used to dealing with this sort of problem.
Old 25 Oct 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Don't bother about it. I would only inform them if the change meant that I arrived either before midnight on the day that is the start of the booking or after midnight on the same day. They are used to dealing with this sort of problem.
This is spot on. Don’t even worry about it for 2 hours. Especially at the airport locations where they run at 24 hours. If it’s a date change they’d need to know but not a few hours. Planes get delayed everyday, people rarely turn up at the time on the booking.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
It could matter if your a preferred member as the car might not be assigned. I noticed my car hire time was scheduled a few hours later than the flight arrived. So last week I messaged Avis via Twitter. It wouldn't matter time wise they said if I was going to the desk but like I said above it matters for preferred. They changed the time for me to match the flight arrival. It showed straight away on the Avis app.

Edited at 01:51 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
It could matter if your a preferred member as the car might not be assigned. I noticed my car hire time was scheduled a few hours later than the flight arrived. So last week I messaged Avis via Twitter. It wouldn't matter time wise they said if I was going to the desk but like I said above it matters for preferred. They changed the time for me to match the flight arrival. It showed straight away on the Avis app.
Ok thanks, I am preffered & hoping to skip the counter so I had better try and contact Avis.
Old 30 Oct 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Just an update on my experience with the same issue. I tried BA on twitter, they told me to change with Avis. Spoke to Avis who looked on my account and said because all paid only BA can change and arriving early might mean my car unavailable even though I'm preferred so might have to wait.
This morning I went on BA chat, got put through to an agent who sorted it out straight away and changed my pick up and drop off times in line with my new flight times. Its on manage my booking already and showing my avis app. So easy on chat, waited 5 minutes fir an agent and so helpful.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List