Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Oct 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
kat314
Proud to wear my Ears

New York then orlando?..

Hi all unfortunately our last minute dec trip has t come off , so looking at Easter or summer holidays . Obviously the price is enormous difference!

I’m a very very nervous flyer, so I am wary of doing indirect but it got me thinking. It’s working out generally cheaper to do a few nights in New York before going onto orlando, I have teens and they would love this. Just wondering if it’s too much or if anyone else has done this?.
This way I could also potentially book seats as we have saved on costs.
kat314 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve booked New York for 4 nights, then Orlando for next august and have 2 teens, flying back from Miami.
We’ve booked cabana bay and plan to have a few relaxing days first by pool or volcano bay.

Although still not sure if New York is doable with entry requirements for attractions etc for the teens.
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Quite a few Dibbers do this.

But I would say to double check the teen vaccine requirements in NY though, as they have stricter rules than the US entry requirements. Proof of vaccination is required to enter dining and entertainment spaces. I believe single dose is fine, but proving they have had this could be an issue.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
kat314
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks all, son will have had both doses of vaccine daughter one, so will have a look.
kat314 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

We are doing just this - 4 nights in NY, then flying to Tampa, a few days on Anna Maria Island and then onto Orlando.
I have teens, aged 16 + 17, they are both really excited at this. They will have both had a single jab. I'm planning on buying one of the explorer tickets, and the current guidance is that at least one jab is needed www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/...-keytonyc.page .Of course this could change, but at least the explorer pass is fully refundable within a year.

We did an indirect via Toronto a few years ago, was the best holiday we've had and that extra visit gave a whole new dimension to the holiday.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Quite a few Dibbers do this.

But I would say to double check the teen vaccine requirements in NY though, as they have stricter rules than the US entry requirements. Proof of vaccination is required to enter dining and entertainment spaces. I believe single dose is fine, but proving they have had this could be an issue.
We’re also doing this. Currently, both my teens are single jabbed. There’s a thread that I posted on in the general trip planning section that might be useful.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We did this a few years ago, although we started off in Boston before getting the Amtrak train down to New York. We did 5 days in New York, (during which I unexpectedly got engaged! (to my now-husband, not some random stranger, I hasten to add!)), then flew to Orlando. We had an amazing time, and loved NY - we need to go back as there was so much to see that it was impossible to do everything we wanted in just 5 days. You will have a wonderful time!
Old 26 Oct 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

2 years ago we did this, me, dh and 4 ds flew to New York for 4 nights and then flew on to Tampa and had a week at the beach before driving up to Orlando for disney springs check in and flight home. We had the best holiday and the boys loved New York! We booked as a package with virgin holidays as they had the best price at the time.
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We did this in Easter 2016 - mainly because good availability on Virgin Airmiles for the 5 of us, in to JFK (Premium Economy) and out of MIA.

Enjoyed the shorter flight to New York.
We stayed 3 nights at the New Yorker, which has some interesting history and the Tick Tock Diner - pops up on Travel Republic now and then for good prices.

We went to see most of the attractions without actually spending lots of time at them, but managed ice skating in Central park, took the free State Island Ferry to see SOL, walked Brooklyn Bridge and had pizza, as well as seeing Trade Centre / Ground Zero, Wall Street, Library, ESB, Rockerfella, Times Square and Central Station...mostly walking and getting an uber or yellow cab when tied.

The flights with Jet Blue were easy, around £100pp. We didn't do Disney, but did Universal, Seaworld / DC in Orlando and some non-parks things like Madame Tussauds, Orlando Eye. Weather was nice at Easter too... although did actually miss the humidity of August!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

We did this a few years ago too.

Flew into JFK, cab into Manhattan styed there for a few days then cab to La Guardia airport and JetBlue flight down to Tampa - JetBlue were very good and reasonable prices. Best thing as an internal flight we were straight off the plane and straight through to luggage - no messing about in queues - though the immigration Q on arrival at JFK was a bit of a wait.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List