Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
I was actually thinking this too. If you’re the kind of person whose day is ruined by others not acting they way you think they should, prepare to have a lot of ruined days lol
It truly baffles how so many worry about what others are doing .

I’m more concerned with keeping a 3 yr old occupied for a 11 hr flight than what others are doing .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
IMO though people worry far too much about what others are doing.
The pandemic in the UK summed up in one line!
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

This is an interesting article even though it is an internal flight in the US I expect similar outcomes may follow for UK visitors
elliott/airline-prob...r-mask-flight/
Old 28 Oct 21, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
The pandemic in the UK summed up in one line!
To be fair, wearing a mask is about protecting others not yourself so it's a fair concern on that front. And if restrictions do come back it will largely be because too many have stopped behaving with any care.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
To be fair, wearing a mask is about protecting others not yourself so it's a fair concern on that front. And if restrictions do come back it will largely be because too many have stopped behaving with any care.
If restrictions do come back the main reason will be those that have refused to get vaccinated.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
Dont mean to rain on your parade or anything - but there is a h difference between her wearing a mask outside for 1 hour and wearing one on an aircraft for 9 hours+ - cant imagine there are any kids that age that wont be bothered by that.

it will all come down to just how much "zero tolerance" airlines actually have in practice once up over the Atlantic.

I find it hard to believe they would actually divert to Gander because little Jimmy keeps tearing his mask off or have the authorities waiting to cart him and mum off to jail on landing at MCO.
I don't get this constant belief that their only option is a diversion. Otherwise, they are powerless. It is entirely nonsensical.

Airline crew have several options from the warnings, removal of service, detention on flight, detention on arrival, future travel bans etc.

Of course they are not going to divert the flight.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Some recent posts removed from this thread.
Please stick to the topic rather than commenting on the poster of a comment.

Thank you.

Edited at 09:39 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

I do feel genuinely anxious for all parents on here travelling with small children to florida in the near future, asking any child to wear a mask for what could be anything from 9 - 12 hours straight if you include inside the airports is a tall order for anyone even adults, not to mention the worry for the adults themselves with regards to negative tests before flying. There is so much unknown at the moment which adds to people's fears and worries especially when a trip to florida for a lot of people is a once in a lifetime dream come true which most people work dam hard to save for.
What I will say is that I wish you all good luck with your trips and hopefully as things slowly resume to some sort of normality the restrictions we face with regards to masks and testing when travelling will become less of a hurdle, no doubt these rules will change alot in the next 6 months.
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
I don't get this constant belief that their only option is a diversion. Otherwise, they are powerless. It is entirely nonsensical.

Airline crew have several options from the warnings, removal of service, detention on flight, detention on arrival, future travel bans etc.

Of course they are not going to divert the flight.
But that's not just about kids though. I've had two holidays during the pandemic so far and on all them kids were great, it was the adults that constantly pushed the rules and sat with drinks to leave mask off

As PP have said, be as prepared as you can be, know the requirements and make a decision to travel or not.

If I have a family near me struggling with the mask in children I'll be so much more understanding. It's the same if you get one that cries or tantrums, the parents can only do their best.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
But that's not just about kids though. I've had two holidays during the pandemic so far and on all them kids were great, it was the adults that constantly pushed the rules and sat with drinks to leave mask off

As PP have said, be as prepared as you can be, know the requirements and make a decision to travel or not.

If I have a family near me struggling with the mask in children I'll be so much more understanding. It's the same if you get one that cries or tantrums, the parents can only do their best.
This topic isn’t for reasonable and well thought out comments. You may have to start a new thread for those
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List