Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Mar 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Just back...highs, lows and smash outs!

Highs, lows and smash outs!

"I feel like your previous trips were just a dry run for this holiday - it's all gone so well!"

Well we got back on Sunday morning and I have only just got round to posting this - been in some sort of jet lagged daze since then! Myself, DH, his brother, my sister and her boyfriend spent a week in 2 rooms at POFQ. Here we go...

Highs
POFQ - what's not to love?! Quiet (even though it was full!), beautiful resort, great clean rooms, and a fantastic food court - not a bad meal for any of us over the week. Fabulous cast members too!
Weather - aside from a very wet afternoon at Epcot, it was warm and sunny for the rest of the week, mid 20s!
Bus service - we grabbed a cab to HS on one occasion so as not to miss our FPs, but other than that buses were regular and with little to no wait. This is what we have found before so maybe we got lucky!
FP - this saved us so much queuing, kept our days organised and made sure we did everything we wanted.
Wifi - much improved since our visit last summer, made booking FPs much easier.
Mears Cabs - there was always a van waiting at the resort/Universal/Outlets which was great as there was 5 of us. When we split these fares between us it worked out the same as an Uber XL (which had a longer wait time).
Shopping - as ever, we loved picking up lots of goodies to bring back home for ourselves/friends/family.
Family - having a break with our family was great and a good laugh - as you'll find out when I write my trippy (awaiting all the photos so I can get started - done now!). The quote above is just one of the very entertaining things said during our holiday.

Lows
Recliners - why, why, why must people recline on a day flight?! Honestly. I am more understanding on a night flight but on both flights the person in front of me had reclined fully before the seatbelt sign went off!
Rudeness of others - it is like some people don't care about anyone else - I got rammed with a stroller, complained at for taking too long at the coffee machine and had a lady grab a chair out of my hands when I was carrying it to a table. Unbelievable!
Adjusting to the time difference - maybe because of the time of year or our short trip, we definitely all suffered on the way home!
Character Warehouse @ Premium Outlets Vineland Ave - this was crazy busy - 30 mins queue to pay!
Planet Hollywood - awful meal experience - long wait for a starter, got my main wrong and by the time they sent a replacement (which wasn't cooked and had to go back) my family had all finished, so I ended up without a main meal. Horrendous service too!

Smash Outs
Doing it all - well everything we wanted to do! We did US/IOA/all 4 Disney parks/Blizzard Beach/Outlet/Disney Springs in a week. This is where the subtitle came from - we 'smashed it out' as my students would say!
Exhaustion - by the end of each day, smashing out the parks was causing us to be flat out! We were all super tired and took a few days to recover.

Magical Moment
Seeing the joy and excitement on my sister's face (especially at MK) made saving hard and doing long haul for a week totally worth it ❤ I hope to take her back one day and do it all again! After all - every Anna needs an Elsa.

My trippy will not be too far away but thought this would keep you going...see ya real soon! ❤

Edited at 04:06 PM.
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Can't wait for your trip report x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Can't wait for your trip report x
Thanks! Sorting my pics now then will get everyone else to do theirs - need them to jog my memory!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you had an amazing time! Looking forward to reading all about it
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OnOurWay
Excited about Disney

So glad you all had an amazing time, as if you wouldn't have had😉
OnOurWay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

looks like you had a fab time, cannot wait for the full report
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Sounds like you had an amazing time! Looking forward to reading all about it
Thanks, looking forward to writing about it and reliving it!

Originally Posted by OnOurWay View Post
So glad you all had an amazing time, as if you wouldn't have had😉
Haha true - and next time I'm there you will be too!

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
looks like you had a fab time, cannot wait for the full report
Thank you - waiting for Memory Maker photos to download now!
Old 2 Mar 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think it's iPads that make people recline more, that's what I experienced anyway.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great trip
Old 2 Mar 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip with so much packed in! We loved POFQ too. I'll keep an eye out for your report .
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List