Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019. Day 2

Day 2

I woke at 5.30am this morning with Edith & Aaron followed at 6.50am. Me, Laura and Edith ate breakfast together & Aaron grabbed a bagel once he was up. We had another easy morning planned as tonight was our MNSSHP night. I was very excited.

We drove over to Idrive and head into the Pirates Cove Mini Golf. This has always been on mine and Aaron's to do list but we had never found the time before. It was good fun but we kept having to grab Edith as she was too close to the water & of course after a few holes, she was getting impatient and wanting every go and to just roll down all the hills and steal everyone’s balls. It was enjoyable but we lost score pretty quick. It was also baking hot! I had hoped after our May trip where temperatures never dropped below 90 degrees that this October visit would be cooler. No such luck. It was the same.

Back to the hotel and into the pool again as Edith was asking for a swim. It started raining while we were in the pool so Aaron stayed out with our towels huddles under an umbrella trying to keep everything dry. Edith learned how to spin in the water so spent the whole time we were in the pool turning around and around. After the swim, we tried to have a nap so we could stay up late for the party. We all dosed off and then Aaron and I got rudely awoken by some loud hammering. It was really frustrating but thankfully Edith managed an hours nap before it woke her up too. When we left the apartment later in the day, there was a large maintenance trolley outside the apartment next door.

We wanted to get food sorted before heading to MSSHP so we head to Chillis. Aaron, Laura and I all had the exact same meals, the Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers. These are soooo good! We got Edith some Mac & Cheese and because we went off the $10 menu, Laura and I had a salad and Aaron had a soup to start. The food was great and at $40 for all 4 of us to eat it was amazing value.

We head to MK next, parking up and walking to the monorail. Our friends Jon & Lisa happened to arrive at exactly the same time as us so we chatted to them on the way into the park. We had separate FP before the party started though so we went our separate ways arranging to meet back up in an hour or so. They took Ceci to meet Tink & we headed to the Haunted Mansion grabbing the obligatory castle photos on the way.

Edith wasn’t keen to start with on the HM, fear had set in since our last trip with her, but she was ok by the end of the ride & enjoyed the graveyard singing.

Once the ride was over, we met Jon & Lisa in Pecos Bills and sat with them while they had food. After that, we browsed a few shops & basically just wondered around waiting for 7pm to hit & the Trick or Treat trails to open. We did a couple of candy trails and then head over to the Disney Junior dance party. Edith wasn’t keen on the characters if they got too close but from a couple of feet away she was in awe and she loved the dancing / music. I think we would have lasted longer if it wasn’t so hot! After another candy trail, we found the Monsters Ink Dance Party, this one was more bearable heat wise as it was in the open. I LOVED dancing with Sully. So much fun.

As the sun had now set & it was a bit cooler, we changed the girls into their Halloween costumes. Edith was the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man & Ceci was a Ghostbuster. They looked so cute. We kept the thicker part of Edith’s costume back & just popped her into a t-shirt for the meantime until we wanted some proper photos.

We walked to Pirates as we wanted to ride it with the live action cast members. The queue said 25 minutes but it only took 12. It’s amazing how quick the queues go down when there are no FP riders. The ride was fabulous, it’s one of our favourites anyway but having the real people in there was really good fun.

We carried on wondering, taking in the atmosphere, grabbing some photopass pics which I kept popping Edith’s outfit on for and getting in most the sweet trails we could find.

Edith fell asleep just before the fireworks so we grabbed a spot and watched them. I loved them but Aaron is never keen. He was tried and lagging now and not too happy that I was insisting we stay for the later parade having missed the first one while on Pirates. We walked over to Space Mountain where Aaron, Lisa and Laura rode. I sat with Edith as she was still asleep & Jon took Ceci on the Speedway. The ride seemed to wake Aaron up thankfully. Jon and Lisa head home at this point so Aaron, Laura and I grabbed a spot for the parade. It was great. We followed it down Main St and then jumped on the report monorail back to the TTC before walking back to the car &b driving home. We got into bed at about 1.30am after a great night!

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fab day!

Great value for your meal in Chili's.

I love Edith's halloween outfit and her and Ceci together are so cute!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Lovely day. Love Edith's costume and Ceci's too. We're planning on doing MNSSHP next year and looking forward to it.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Great costume picks!

Can’t believe how you find the time to get this reports done with a toddler.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Love the girls' ghostbuster costumes!
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Another fab day!

Great value for your meal in Chili's.

I love Edith's halloween outfit and her and Ceci together are so cute!
Don't they?

Chilli's is right up there on our favourite restaurants again now. It slipped off a few years back but its such great value.

Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Lovely day. Love Edith's costume and Ceci's too. We're planning on doing MNSSHP next year and looking forward to it.
We loved it, such a great night!

Originally Posted by Gwilspeed View Post
Great costume picks!

Can’t believe how you find the time to get this reports done with a toddler.

I'm naughty, i bash them out while I'm at work, I wouldn't have a chance while I was at home

Originally Posted by Hmr89 View Post
Love the girls' ghostbuster costumes!
Thanks, they really did look super cute!

Edited at 02:28 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Had to laugh at Edith getting fed up at mini golf - my youngest gets fed up with it quickly and she’s 14! 😂

Your food looked great and not expensive at all.

I love the girls costumes - they look so cute.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Was just showing Lucy the outfits and can’t believe I didn’t spot Aaron’s T-shirt. Can I ask where he got that from? It’s super cool.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Had to laugh at Edith getting fed up at mini golf - my youngest gets fed up with it quickly and she’s 14! 😂

Your food looked great and not expensive at all.

I love the girls costumes - they look so cute.
Well yes, I think even I would have given up by the end of the course, it takes forever doesn't it?

Originally Posted by Gwilspeed View Post
Was just showing Lucy the outfits and can’t believe I didn’t spot Aaron’s T-shirt. Can I ask where he got that from? It’s super cool.

Thankyou I made it for him, I run a little Tshirt design business via Instagram x
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I loved MNSSHP when we went last year. Edith looks adorable in her outfit as does Ceci. A great candy haul too, we’re still eating ours over a year later!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List