Notices

Old 7 Jan 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I’d like to follow your report too! We’re travelling 4th August for 3 weeks too, POFQ and DDP for us 😊. I’m coming up to ADR time and am trying to narrow down my choices too!
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Another primary teacher here. We fly out on 6th from LGW. Booked a local company to drop us and pick us up from. Not a bad price and saves my husband driving home (few hours) after a long flight where he won’t sleep. Start at POFQ then move to a villa for the remaining two weeks. Although mid villa stay we have two nights at RPR booked. Not a Dibb villa so strangely a bit nervous about it. Only have a car for the last two weeks.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LW2412 View Post
I’d like to follow your report too! We’re travelling 4th August for 3 weeks too, POFQ and DDP for us 😊. I’m coming up to ADR time and am trying to narrow down my choices too!
Very similar dates to us. I feel like us Augusters should have some sort of dibb meet up! 🙂
Old 11 Jan 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Another primary teacher here. We fly out on 6th from LGW. Booked a local company to drop us and pick us up from. Not a bad price and saves my husband driving home (few hours) after a long flight where he won’t sleep. Start at POFQ then move to a villa for the remaining two weeks. Although mid villa stay we have two nights at RPR booked. Not a Dibb villa so strangely a bit nervous about it. Only have a car for the last two weeks.
I'm sure the villa will be fine. Because it's our first time staying in a villa, I thought I'd go with a dibb one based on recommendations on here. We always stay in cottages etc when we go on holiday elsewhere and have never had any problems.
Old 11 Jan 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

So a bit of an update. We have booked our car. A 7 seater SUV through Discount Florida Car Hire for £600 for the 2nd and 3rd week with Alamo.
I'm really pleased with the price as when looking at flights, I kept seeing what Virgin and BA prices were if we did both and they both wanted at least £1000! We've booked collection for 3pm so we can enjoy the morning in a park, head back to get our luggage from CBR before collecting the car and going to the villa.

In terms of the airport, my sister in law has kindly offered to pick us up so we'll probably book a taxi to get there and leave the car at home.

We're hoping the busy day guides are released soon so we can plan our ADRs and itinerary. It feels like it's all coming together now we've booked those flights.

Edited at 02:39 PM.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just read your trip report! What great plans you've got! Your first trip in a while is so exciting a lot will have changed since you were last there.
Tuskers house and Garden Grill are amazing! i love the food there and the character interaction is really good. They are both really good family meals.
I look forward to reading more of your plans.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Following along
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
Very similar dates to us. I feel like us Augusters should have some sort of dibb meet up! 🙂
Haha yep really similar! We have similar plans too I was just wondering how you're planning to get to Clearwater for the day, will you still have a car then? We don't have a car booked at all as we're staying on site at both Disney and Universal, but would love to squeeze in a day at Clearwater if we could!
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

How exciting! Your dates are the same as ours and we’re going for 3 weeks too

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Just read your trip report! What great plans you've got! Your first trip in a while is so exciting a lot will have changed since you were last there.
Tuskers house and Garden Grill are amazing! i love the food there and the character interaction is really good. They are both really good family meals.
I look forward to reading more of your plans.
I've heard great things about those meals so would love to do them. We only did Crystal Palace when we went last time.