Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 May 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Dogs toys

Hi everyone
We have a two year old cockapoo who is loving having us all around at the moment. I’m worried though about when we finally get back to going out to work etc and her having separation issues.
She has various toys like balls, soft toys etc but I think I should order her some interactive ones to keep her amused a little longer. So can anyone recommend anything? I think the suction cup one like a tug of war looks good, anyone’s dog got that?
Look forward to reading your replies, thanks
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Partythemestarz
Earning More Ears

Hi, i have a cockapoo and she is also loving us all home. She is 8, and even before all this if anyone was ever out she would just stare at the door 😂 the whole time! I have ordered her a big doughnut bed so she feels more secure, and when I finally return to work (I only work part time I will put a something in her bed that smells of us, can’t think of anything else! They are very loving dogs prone to anxiety, I’m dreading it for her! And I’ll leave radio on.
Old 13 May 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post

This is my latest purchase for ours. They both really like it and immediately understood the point was t get the squirrels out of the trunk. They quite enjoy the squirrels themselves too. My older dog usually bores of toys quite quickly but is still interested in this.

amazon/Outward-Hou...7D2C8SA0J&th=1
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Mine likes the little dog bones filled with treats (I just use kibble) that he has to throw around the house to get the food out 😂
My lab is going to be the same to be honest, he’s been with us 24/7 and whilst he’s a relaxed little thing I think he’s going to struggle.
We’re going to have to start leaving him to be honest. Now exercise is lifted we may go for a walk or cycle without him, and we are planning a picnic etc this weekend so we might just leave him at home.
It’s a shame but I don’t think I can go from 24/7 to the 6 hours he’s left the days I’m in the office
Old 13 May 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
This is my latest purchase for ours. They both really like it and immediately understood the point was t get the squirrels out of the trunk. They quite enjoy the squirrels themselves too. My older dog usually bores of toys quite quickly but is still interested in this.

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ve just ordered one as I think our dog will love this, it’s so cute! 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I was wondering this too, although our EBT is used to having DH at home all day he wa always pretty good when we left him. We went to pop out the other day and he went a bit crazy, so may have to start leaving him for short times.
Old 13 May 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for your replies. The squirrel toy looks good but wouldn’t last two minutes with Lolly, she rips apart the soft toys to get the stuffing out lol. I’ve seen a suction cup tug of war type toy, will probably try that, was wondering about those toys where they have to work a puzzle out for treats. Lola is quite lazy though and I reckon she will loose interest very quickly with those lol
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Give her a good walk before you go so then she ll have a sleep and you can’t beat a good chew
I find any toys they lose interest in if you are not interacting with them and it
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post

We have 4 Border terriers and they all love this one. They get a new one each Christmas as we know they love it.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Angcap
Getting Excited

Look up ‘TRIXIE’. We have a couple of their interactive games and my 2 golden retrievers enjoy playing them. My daughter was able to get them really cheaply £3-£5 (amazon sale I should think). One of my dogs is REALLY thick but even he can do some of it really well. Instructions are included to train them. Not sure you could leave them all day with them though they are very robust.
Angcap is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List