Notices

Old 27 Oct 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
It was so good to see some normality just things like children playing in the pool and people sitting around chatting and it did us both good.

If you manage to get the ears done I’d love to see them you’ll have to pop a picture on here
The cross stitch sounds lovely I used to do it years ago in the days before children and now grandchildren I also used to knit a lot but never seem to find time now.
It honestly sounds perfect.

I will definitely post a pic if I manage to do them, I'll have to see if I can find the pattern again, pretty sure I bought it so will have to check my emails.

I go through phases with my crochet and cross stitch. I don't touch them for months then all of a sudden I do them non-stop for a few months my friends the same. I'm hoping to get this cross stitch finished before we go to Florida then I can start my new one for the plane journey x

Just looking at your photos and have to say well done on your weight loss you look great and Noah is looking very grown up.
I’m so pleased that you now know what’s required for you to travel to Florida and hopefully you won’t struggle too much with Noah’s test🤞
Looking forward to seeing all your plans come together
Thank you so much I feel so much happier and healthier now too! He really has hasn't he, he doesn't look like my baby anymore! Last trip in May 2019 he had his first wobbly tooth, he's now lost 5 teeth. He's learning to manage his emotions a lot better too and is thriving at school.

Caitlin and Thomas are doing well too, we're just all so happy and settled which is nice given the last 2 years! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

** update **

Another little update.

So we have all our ESTAS now that's one more thing to tick off the list. Just ordered our Disney tickets so we'll hopefully receive those this week then I'll link them to MDE and start booking our park days.

Not sure about anyone else but I'm feeling very overwhelmed with all the planning at the moment, I'm not sure if it's because I haven't done it in so long, because we have an extra week or because the Busy Days Guide isn't updated to our dates.

I'm going to wait a while longer before booking our covid tests before departure. I'm thinking in person may be best for Noah as opposed to doing it through a zoom call ... still not entirely sure.

We've confirmed that Belle is booked into the cattery, so I'll drop her off the morning of 18th and we'll collect her around 3pm the day we land, if we're not back in time my friend said she will pick her up and bring her home for us. We should be back for around 2pm I think.

To help me feel a bit more organised I've started a to do list.

To Do List:
  • Book pre departure tests
  • Book day 2 arrival tests
  • Find out more information on testing kid's days 3-5 in Orlando
  • Pay the villa (tomorrow)
  • Pay BA
  • Book return train
  • Print all confirmations off
  • Book park days
  • Book Wild Florida
  • Set coupon email up
  • Sort packing list
  • Fill out and send LOA form for school
  • Print Heathrow special ]assistance booklet off for Noah

Edited at 10:34 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
It honestly sounds perfect.

I will definitely post a pic if I manage to do them, I'll have to see if I can find the pattern again, pretty sure I bought it so will have to check my emails.

I go through phases with my crochet and cross stitch. I don't touch them for months then all of a sudden I do them non-stop for a few months my friends the same. I'm hoping to get this cross stitch finished before we go to Florida then I can start my new one for the plane journey x

Thank you so much I feel so much happier and healthier now too! He really has hasn't he, he doesn't look like my baby anymore! Last trip in May 2019 he had his first wobbly tooth, he's now lost 5 teeth. He's learning to manage his emotions a lot better too and is thriving at school.

Caitlin and Thomas are doing well too, we're just all so happy and settled which is nice given the last 2 years! X
So nice to hear such positive news regarding the children after everything they’ve been through with this awful pandemic.
Old 2 Nov 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Hey guys, hope everyone's well! Just a little update

We booked our train tickets on Thursday

Train is 4.05pm. This means we need to take the kids out of a school a little earlier. It was this or a train 1 hour later which would mean we wouldn't be getting to the hotel until around 9.30pm! So I'll be collecting the kids from school at 2.30pm after we've been to McDonalds to get them a very early dinner Taxi is booked for 3.15pm. We should arrived at Kings Cross for 6.40pm, we'll then get the tube to Paddington and then the Heathrow Express to T5 where we'll check our baggage in the night before and just keep our cabin luggage and overnight bag with us. We'll then get the shuttle bus to the Premier Inn and settle down for the night

It seems so weird actually planning things again, but I'm still being so cautious as I'm expecting something to stop us

Has anyone watched the Enchantment fireworks? If so what did you think? x
Hi Caitlins Mummy! Great pre trip 😊 and how exciting
Just wondering if you have booked your KX train, tube and Heathrow X all in one or doing it separately?
I’m now having to look into this as the all through tube isn’t running over Christmas when we need to cross London. Have you done this before? What’s it like on the way back when you are exhausted and lugging extra/big bags?
Thanks for any help you can give 👍
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Good news about the ESTAs, that is one thing less to worry about.

I think you can wait until nearer the time to book the COVID tests, I've only ever booked these 1 to 2 weeks out from our trip. Perhaps Noah would be better with an in person test, sometimes kids respond better to a 'professional' than to their mum...so he might just get on with it if it's them, rather than you. When we've had in person tests they have been carried out by them and not us, so you just have to sit there and let them shove the stick up your nose, they don't seem to bother with the throat anymore. Although this is probably not the same for all in person tests.

Have you decided on park days yet? Also, what about dining? Are you going to make any ADRs?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

So nice to hear such positive news regarding the children after everything they’ve been through with this awful pandemic.
It really is, sadly things are going backwards here at the moment. Had a letter from Noah's school to say they've been given advice from our local public health that they need to go back into bubbles again, staff wearing masks and children not mixing ... poor children don't know where they're at with everything!

Probably an unpopular opinion, but to me we just need to learn to live with this now, we can't keep closing down every time there's a spike in cases x

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Hi Caitlins Mummy! Great pre trip 😊 and how exciting
Just wondering if you have booked your KX train, tube and Heathrow X all in one or doing it separately?
I’m now having to look into this as the all through tube isn’t running over Christmas when we need to cross London. Have you done this before? What’s it like on the way back when you are exhausted and lugging extra/big bags?
Thanks for any help you can give 👍
Hi thank you so much for reading I really need to update the first page.

We've booked our train to Kings Cross and Heathrow train. We booked them separately. When looking Chris found that it saved 20 minutes if we got the Heathrow Express train as opposed to the tube. So when we get to Kings Cross we need to get the tube to Paddington where we then get the Heathrow express. It takes 40 minutes, rather than 1 hour directly on the tube.

We actually have no idea we've never flown from Heathrow before. I can imagine it's going to be tough being tired, but once we get to Kings Cross we can relax until our train and probably sleep on the journey home. We will probably have an extra bag/case coming back as we always take an extra one inside to bring stuff back. The older 2 generally help out with the cases too. Chris and I will most likely have the heaviest and they will have the smaller ones.

Thinking about it we'd have probably been better just getting the tube directly from Heathrow to Kings Cross on the way back to save lugging cases on and off transport. We do have return train tickets from Paddington to Heathrow, but we might just do the tube option on return ... we'll decide closer to the time. I hope that helps. When is your trip? X

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Good news about the ESTAs, that is one thing less to worry about.

I think you can wait until nearer the time to book the COVID tests, I've only ever booked these 1 to 2 weeks out from our trip. Perhaps Noah would be better with an in person test, sometimes kids respond better to a 'professional' than to their mum...so he might just get on with it if it's them, rather than you. When we've had in person tests they have been carried out by them and not us, so you just have to sit there and let them shove the stick up your nose, they don't seem to bother with the throat anymore. Although this is probably not the same for all in person tests.

Have you decided on park days yet? Also, what about dining? Are you going to make any ADRs?
Thanks Abby. I think that's what we're going to do as guidance may well have changed by then too! Sadly I don't think the professional would help with Noah, but it's probably gonna be the way we will have to do it for him at least. I'm going to try and test him more regularly to get him used to it, so fingers crossed.

Our Disney tickets just arrived today actually! I've linked them to our account and booked our first day (22nd February, Thomas's birthday) we haven't really planned any other days just yet but I'm hoping to do some planning this weekend.

I don't think we're going to make any ADRs with staying offsite. We might make a couple in Disney Springs but definitely not in the parks. We are hoping to go to Yak and Yeti though and use our Landry's card and bonus credit

We were just discussing food last night actually as I don't think there will be much point in me ordering with how little I can eat now, I will most likely just pick off Chris and the kid's plates apart from Steak N Shake ... I need that garlic burger, even if it takes me 2 hours to eat it

I feel so unorganised yet so overwhelmed, it's so strange, given how this time 2 years ago I had ADR plan, FP plan and everything in order for our May 2020 trip. I think the past 20 months has numbed my brain a little xx
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

I completely agree Kelly, life needs to go on. Hope Noah isn't too disrupted by the changes again at school 😔

So exciting planning restaurants and things!
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

It really is, sadly things are going backwards here at the moment. Had a letter from Noah's school to say they've been given advice from our local public health that they need to go back into bubbles again, staff wearing masks and children not mixing ... poor children don't know where they're at with everything!

Probably an unpopular opinion, but to me we just need to learn to live with this now, we can't keep closing down every time there's a spike in cases x

Hi thank you so much for reading I really need to update the first page.

We've booked our train to Kings Cross and Heathrow train. We booked them separately. When looking Chris found that it saved 20 minutes if we got the Heathrow Express train as opposed to the tube. So when we get to Kings Cross we need to get the tube to Paddington where we then get the Heathrow express. It takes 40 minutes, rather than 1 hour directly on the tube.

We actually have no idea we've never flown from Heathrow before. I can imagine it's going to be tough being tired, but once we get to Kings Cross we can relax until our train and probably sleep on the journey home. We will probably have an extra bag/case coming back as we always take an extra one inside to bring stuff back. The older 2 generally help out with the cases too. Chris and I will most likely have the heaviest and they will have the smaller ones.

Thinking about it we'd have probably been better just getting the tube directly from Heathrow to Kings Cross on the way back to save lugging cases on and off transport. We do have return train tickets from Paddington to Heathrow, but we might just do the tube option on return ... we'll decide closer to the time. I hope that helps. When is your trip? X

Thanks Abby. I think that's what we're going to do as guidance may well have changed by then too! Sadly I don't think the professional would help with Noah, but it's probably gonna be the way we will have to do it for him at least. I'm going to try and test him more regularly to get him used to it, so fingers crossed.

Our Disney tickets just arrived today actually! I've linked them to our account and booked our first day (22nd February, Thomas's birthday) we haven't really planned any other days just yet but I'm hoping to do some planning this weekend.

I don't think we're going to make any ADRs with staying offsite. We might make a couple in Disney Springs but definitely not in the parks. We are hoping to go to Yak and Yeti though and use our Landry's card and bonus credit

We were just discussing food last night actually as I don't think there will be much point in me ordering with how little I can eat now, I will most likely just pick off Chris and the kid's plates apart from Steak N Shake ... I need that garlic burger, even if it takes me 2 hours to eat it

I feel so unorganised yet so overwhelmed, it's so strange, given how this time 2 years ago I had ADR plan, FP plan and everything in order for our May 2020 trip. I think the past 20 months has numbed my brain a little xx
Thanks CM!
We go just after Christmas so need to travel down on one of the extra BH, trainsaren’t great over that time I know
We have grown up children too so we’ll manage that extra bag too I’m sure
Gonna book today, need to stop dithering and get sorted!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
I completely agree Kelly, life needs to go on. Hope Noah isn't too disrupted by the changes again at school 😔

So exciting planning restaurants and things!
Thanks lovely, it really does. Noah's not having a great time at the moment, we've had a really bad week at school, hoping things improve this week

I'm starting to get into the swing of things a little bit more now, I'll post the plan so far x

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Thanks CM!
We go just after Christmas so need to travel down on one of the extra BH, trainsaren’t great over that time I know
We have grown up children too so we’ll manage that extra bag too I’m sure
Gonna book today, need to stop dithering and get sorted!
You're welcome. Oh not long to go now! I hope the travelling all goes smoothly, as I said before it's something new for us too, I'm hoping now the kids are older it will be easier, not sure it's something we could have done when the kids were younger, that would have been a nightmare.

Have you managed to get some things booked now? X
Old 7 Nov 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Ok a rough plan of the trip so far, still nothing set in stone as we aren't 100% sure if we're gonna get Discovery Cove/Seaworld tickets. But if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!