Notices

Old 3 May 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Yay fantastic pre trippie to read! Edith has grown up so much since your last trip. Can’t wait to see all the kiddies (re)introduced to the magic.

We have similar dates, I’m a bit nervous about them now though & haven’t started my own, as Charlie is due to start pre school & feel he’ll have just settled then be off, then back for a week then Christmas break so now doubting myself 🤦🏻 Can you talk me back into it so we can go and enjoy the Xmas offerings as planned 😂

Brilliant price for the flights no wonder you snapped their hand off xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
What great news Abi. Have always enjoyed reading your trip reports over the years ,you have a lovely little family,your MIL looks amazing too. We have a first Grandchild on the way can’t wait to take him to Disney 😊.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Eeeek this is exciting to read! I am keeping every finger and toe crossed that all goes to plan, I can’t wait to see Edith experience the magic now she is that bit older and of course see Martha’s very first visit!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How exciting to see this! Your family is growing up.

Looking forward to hearing more plans as the situation evolves and things become clearer.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Hi Abi
Plan sounds fab. Well you have two little cuties…bless them.
We have cancelled twice so are really excited for March to go ahead, our boys are bringing their GFs for their first visits…..so excited.
Hope that you are all keeping well, so nice to read your plans.x
We are all good thankyou It's very exciting to be planning again! Fingers crossed we all get to go on our trips x

Originally Posted by emmabrown68 View Post
Ah fab! I love a pre trippie and it's been too long since we've seen any! Happy planning!
Thankyou

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Well done on those prices Happy planning
The prices are great aren't they, I think it paid off to book just before the vaccine drive took off.

Originally Posted by Ilovedisney View Post
Great to see you are planning another trip, i love your trip reports. Look forward to seeing more...
Thankyou! Fingers crossed we make it across the pond and I can write the full trippie!

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Exciting times 😊

Your girls are beautiful
Thankyou, we are very lucky

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Thanks for sharing, it’s making me more hopeful for summer, I hope we all get to go on our trips.
I'm feeling really optimistic, fingers crossed for us all!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by HakunaMatata View Post
What a bargain! Hope the restrictions are lifted and you all manage to go. Can’t wait for the trip report!
We really did get some fabulous prices. The car hire alone on its own was £800 so we got 4 flights for £1k!

Originally Posted by katebush95 View Post
It's great to be reading some pre-trippies again! How cute are your daughters! Look forward to reading along x
Thankyou It feels like its time to start getting excited again!

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Great that you have another trip planned Abi - great prices too.
Very exciting isn't it!?

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Yay fantastic pre trippie to read! Edith has grown up so much since your last trip. Can’t wait to see all the kiddies (re)introduced to the magic.

We have similar dates, I’m a bit nervous about them now though & haven’t started my own, as Charlie is due to start pre school & feel he’ll have just settled then be off, then back for a week then Christmas break so now doubting myself 🤦🏻 Can you talk me back into it so we can go and enjoy the Xmas offerings as planned 😂

Brilliant price for the flights no wonder you snapped their hand off xx
They really do grow up between age 2 & 3 don't they!?Crazy.

Aww, I wouldn't worry too much, kids adapt really well don't they? You never get the same chances to make the memories so go for it. Christmas Disney with the kids is just what we all need after a year of restrictions!

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
What great news Abi. Have always enjoyed reading your trip reports over the years ,you have a lovely little family,your MIL looks amazing too. We have a first Grandchild on the way can’t wait to take him to Disney 😊.
How exciting for you! Laura loved coming with us so much last time, extra magical taking the grandchildren I think x

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Eeeek this is exciting to read! I am keeping every finger and toe crossed that all goes to plan, I can’t wait to see Edith experience the magic now she is that bit older and of course see Martha’s very first visit!
Yes it will be so interesting to see the differences between Edith this trip & the last, she has grown up so much already! I'm still gutted Martha is going to be 1 by the time we first take her, I had such grand plans of taking her back in January at 3 months the same as we did with Edith .

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
How exciting to see this! Your family is growing up.

Looking forward to hearing more plans as the situation evolves and things become clearer.
Time flies doesn't it? I can't believe Edith will be 4 when we g where does the time go? x
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
janewah
Getting Excited

Sounds great! Looking forward to reading, and following along on Instagram. We have booked a few weeks ahead of you, beginning of November. I have read all of your trip reports with Edith for tips, although our daughter will be 16 months - older than we had hoped for her first trip thanks to covid! Crossing our fingers it goes ahead for all of us x

WDW: I-Drive - Aug 2008, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sept 2013, Nov 2014 (engaged! ), Pop Century - Sept 2016, Sept 2018, Sept 2019, April 2022, April 2023, September 2024
NYC & California Honeymoon, Disneyland - Oct 2017
janewah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Your girls are both gorgeous and I'm looking forward to reading another of your fantastic trip reports.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Coming back in on this one given the recent announcement about the travel ban being lifted.

Would you believe that I cancelled my hotel, car parking and Premier Inn bookings yesterday morning and then the announcement was made at 3pm . I hadn't cancelled the flight as I couldn't get through to BA or do it online. It was fate. I spent last night rebooking everything and the only thing that had gone up was the hotel by £30. Not a deal breaker.

It seems I hadn't updated here when I changed my hotel booking earlier in the year. I cancelled the one I had booked as I found the Blue Heron which we wanted at an affordable price. Its £1435 for 13 nights for a 2 bedroom suite and we are happy with that price.

I also secured Disney tickets along the way which I also cancelled and have just had to rebook. We have the 14 day ultimates from Attraction Tickets. We paid £459 for the adult ones and £439 for Edith's. I used the £10 Dibb discount which allowed me to add the flex cover for no extra cost. I got emailed the required numbers today and managed to link them to MDE without any issues so all my theme park bookings stayed in place.

I actually can't believe we might be going now. Fingers crossed they confirm the details soon on unvaccinated children so I can stop worrying about that. I also need to get Edith used to wearing masks as the rules dictate that she will need them on the flight as well as in WDW when indoors.

Here are some up to date photos of the girls. Martha is 11 months today and into everything. She isn't walking yet but who knows by the time we leave for WDW!

Old 21 Sep 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Abi - So exciting to see a TR for this year. We are hoping to get there for Christmas so I'll be following this report to see how things are out there. Can't wait So glad you got everything reinstated quickly. It's so strange to be worrying about the details again instead of will we actually get there!
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List