Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
Yes sorry return is 02/09/22 whoops. 🙂

We are flying in at jfk and out of La gaurdia after seeing some of your posts about trying other locations for a day or two, so thank you for that.

We are thinking will need to get a car service to pick us up and then drop us at the airports. We've managed to get a lovely 2 story 2 bed room in the millennium hilton un plaza one with tesco points and only £20 cash so very happy with that too. No idea what New York will be like, especially as my husband will be in his mobility scooter but will be great to see somewhere else in our 'big 40' holiday.
So any advice you have is very welcome.
In 2019 August, We got a taxi from our Hotel, just above the Flatiron on Broadway to LaGuardia and it was a fixed rate $55 in a very nice Suburban. An interesting and informative drive through Queens. We loved it.

My NY Queens friend informs me that JFK to Manhattan is doable for $2.25 on subway (plus an airport embarkation fee of around $8?), but I appreciate your husband may have difficulties with this.

I feel sure that you will have an absolutely brilliant time!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:05 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
As I have said before and has been proved in my case for Easter 2022, the key to great prices may be to look at a map of the USA, pick a location with a convenient major airport nearby that you have always wanted to visit … and spend two or three days there on your way in to Florida. With places such as Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Detroit, NY etc, you won’t even need a car.

Whilst prices into and out of Florida generally and Orlando specifically are currently ludicrous for Easter 2022, I am flying into Toronto (I have always wanted to see Niagara Falls ) and out of Miami for £490pp inc hold luggage. The 4 hour flight from Buffalo to Orlando is £120pp inc baggage, so £610 in total. We have 3 nights oop North and 12 in Florida.

Thinking laterally can save a family of four a great deal… and broaden horizons at the same time, in fact as time has passed, the detours are now more important than ‘phase Orlando’ to the extent that next Easter may be our last visit.
Evening Cornishfrogboy,

So looking for your expertise help lol love reading your post and the help and support you and many others give to folk struggling to find flights.

Hoping you can offer advice to myself.

So we are booked for June/July great price for 2022 and planning started. Then boom husbands rotation is changing. I could have honestly cried! We got new rota priced up for start of July ok £1500 price increase Hubby was fine to suck it up, didn’t book as waiting for him to get it in writing, then boom they got it wrong and rotation changed again which means later July return date start of Aug and the prices were crazy £3500 more for flight, I knew this was no go.

So looking at options.

Inverness or Aberdeen/London
Night in London
London Heathrow/Orlando
Orlando/Miami/London Heathrow
Night in London
London/inverness/London

So we can do that for £1000 more than our original booking which we are happy to do grudgingly, we could reduce More by going via Miami on way to Orlando but feel on way there we will be shattered having to then change on to another flight.

So question is to you and anyone else who can advice,

Going home there are several flights Orlando to Miami, the Miami to London flight doesn’t leave till 8.45pm I was looking at flight that got in to Miami from Orlando at around 1.45pm there is 2 later ones but would rather get there early so not stressing and find bearings.

How easy is Miami to navigate?

Do we have to collect our bags?

Do we go straight to departures? So is later flight better?

My husband really isn’t keen, youngest is 7 and oldest 16 so not young kids and chose Miami home as it’s only hour flight so we aren’t settled in seats just like flying Aberdeen/London/Orlando on one day 🤷

I’m slowly winning him round lol

I will win and get my 40th birthday trip and big ones 16th 🤣🤣
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by kermit1982 View Post
Going home there are several flights Orlando to Miami, the Miami to London flight doesn’t leave till 8.45pm I was looking at flight that got in to Miami from Orlando at around 1.45pm there is 2 later ones but would rather get there early so not stressing and find bearings.

How easy is Miami to navigate?

Do we have to collect our bags?

Do we go straight to departures? So is later flight better?
If you have a ticketed flight Miami to London and you buy your own flight Orlando to Miami then you are on your own.

By that, I mean if your Orlando to Miami leg goes wrong to the extent that you miss your Miami to London onward flight then it's down to you to sort it out.

I say this just because there's a significant difference between booking a single ticket journey that goes Orlando->Miami->London and buying two separate flights.

So, to be safe, allowing time is a good thing as the worst thing that can happen to you is trying to fill a few hours at Miami airport.

Miami is easy to navigate, and you'll have a lot of time to do so, all things going to plan.

Yes, you will have to collect your bags in Miami. From Orlando to Miami you are domestic arrivals.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
If you have a ticketed flight Miami to London and you buy your own flight Orlando to Miami then you are on your own.

By that, I mean if your Orlando to Miami leg goes wrong to the extent that you miss your Miami to London onward flight then it's down to you to sort it out.

I say this just because there's a significant difference between booking a single ticket journey that goes Orlando->Miami->London and buying two separate flights.

So, to be safe, allowing time is a good thing as the worst thing that can happen to you is trying to fill a few hours at Miami airport.

Miami is easy to navigate, and you'll have a lot of time to do so, all things going to plan.

Yes, you will have to collect your bags in Miami. From Orlando to Miami you are domestic arrivals.
Thank you

Yes will def be a ticketed flight from Orlando to London 👍

Did look at option of Miami day before for quick stop over but price jumped when playing about with custom booking.

I’m sure I will make sure we get there lol

Looking for flights around 21st July so🤞Usually do a package so all new to us. :-)
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

We did the subway from JFK to 72nd and broadway. One change :-) Would I do it again? Yes. Would they OH let me? No.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

Anyone have any leads on direct flights last two weeks of August. Prices seem through the roof. I'm trying to avoid going indirect but its looking like its the only option.
FAcup14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FAcup14 View Post
Anyone have any leads on direct flights last two weeks of August. Prices seem through the roof. I'm trying to avoid going indirect but its looking like its the only option.
My friend had been looking at BA flydrives direct to Miami and back from Miami. They seem ok prices given the increased going on.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Smitfire
Helping Mickey

LHR-Miami 17-31 Aug, seems the only decent direct option at the moment at around £650pp, with BA.

Edited at 11:52 AM. Reason: Update
Smitfire is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

mon 8th till 15th aug gla to mlb tui. 678pp direct.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

So are there many glitches around at the moment?

Best I can do around our dates is:

LHR-MIA (7th Aug)
TPA-DFW-LHR (27 Aug)

£784 pp (BA)

Edited at 08:56 PM.
DisneyYoda is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List