General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 7 Aug 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Summer in Scotland - Hot Tub add on

Just tagging this on to our other Scottish Trip from the start of the school holidays.

Index is here.

We decided as this year was the 7 weeks off that it would be ideal to do something at the start of July and the start of August.

We found a relatively new business with a couple of cabins in the Peebles area which was renting for less than 7 nights so we booked a 3 night break. Peebles is only around an hour away.

We picked up lots of tasty treats at m&s including a few canned cocktails after I was feeling the fomo after reading Goldia’s trip report with all the delicious cocktails.

The cabin was lovely. It was called Casttlehill Cabin.

We did very little which is why I’m just adding a single entry.

There was the hot tub, games, reading, eating, movies and drinking a few cocktails.

We did venture out and had lunch at the horseshoe inn and treats from the chocolate shop in Peebles.

There was a lite lunch menu, 2 courses for £12.95, all very nice and just the right size.

The chocolate shop was amazing, my mint chocolate cheesecake was awesome. They had so many choices.

On the last day we decided to be adventurous and go on a long walk. It was about 7km. We walked along the river, passed Neidpath castle, the old railway, great view across the Manor Valley and went through the woods where we saw 2 deer playing.

And of course on our way back to the cottage there were sheep!

It was a lovely wee break and it’s only a week of school holidays left for us. I’m back in from next Monday and Ds is in from the Wednesday. I think DH will be thinking it’s like an extra holiday once we go back and he can get some peace working at home.

Future plans - who knows, doubt the October Florida trip will happen so probably something closer to home.
Old 7 Aug 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

The cabin looks fantastic What a lovely lazy few days away
Old 8 Aug 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Another fab wee break. The cabin looks lovely!

I can’t believe I’m also back to work on 19th. I thought the summer would be long since we weren’t going on holiday but it has flown by!
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a beautiful setting, good to see you made good use of the hot tub and who doesn’t love a cocktail in a can! You meals look amazing too!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Cabin looks lovely and relaxing.
I do like Peebles. Hopefully we will get back into Scotland for our last week of the holidays. We have 7 weeks this year too but feels longer as the girls are not actually in until 9th Sept!
I really want something nice to eat/drink after looking at your photos and I think my fridge is only going to bring me disappointment!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
The cabin looks fantastic What a lovely lazy few days away
Thanks it was a nice wee relaxing break.

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Another fab wee break. The cabin looks lovely!

I can’t believe I’m also back to work on 19th. I thought the summer would be long since we weren’t going on holiday but it has flown by!
I can’t believe how fast summer has gone. You have a couple more days than me left. Enjoy the last bit of your holidays.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a beautiful setting, good to see you made good use of the hot tub and who doesn’t love a cocktail in a can! You meals look amazing too!
Cocktails in a fan were as good as it was going to get 😂🍸

It was lovely to have a hot tub, a first for us.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Cabin looks lovely and relaxing.
I do like Peebles. Hopefully we will get back into Scotland for our last week of the holidays. We have 7 weeks this year too but feels longer as the girls are not actually in until 9th Sept!
I really want something nice to eat/drink after looking at your photos and I think my fridge is only going to bring me disappointment!
Hopefully you get another trip up here. It was nice to have a wee trip at the start and the end for once.

My fridge only ever brings dissapointment 😂
Old 18 Aug 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The view from the hot tub looks amazing, I'm not surprised you spent most of your time chilling out, reading and having fun in the tub. I love the photo of all three of you.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The view from the hot tub looks amazing, I'm not surprised you spent most of your time chilling out, reading and having fun in the tub. I love the photo of all three of you.
Thanks. It seems a lifetime ago now we are back at school.