Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Aug 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Anyone flew with Jet2 recently?

We are due to fly to Menorca in 3wks.
There will be me, DH, DS (3) and DD (7mths).
We didn't book seats as at the time Jet2 were combining most their flights so unlikely we'd keep what we booked.

However lately on FB travel sites more flights seem to be going direct and are between 40-full passengers.

Has anyone flown recently and been merged with other flights?
Does anyone know how to check how full a flight is?

I guess I'm starting to get a little worried about being seated separately but also it's a lot of money extra if we don't need to, especially being on Maternity Leave atm.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i flew with them last week from Bristol to Crete. 80 passengers out and 50 back.

i doubt they would split families up at present because of covid so i expect that you will be fine. you will get a row of 3 as the 7month old will be on your lap.

you can check in online from 14 days before the flight
Old 27 Aug 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

My 3 sons have all flown separately on Jet2 recently, 1 to Cyprus and 2 to Greece. All flights were very empty, 1 only having 24 passengers, including 4 of my son and his family. A couple that were sat next to one of my sons, were moved to the front to allow for social distancing. The son that flew to Cyprus was flight only, and they got a big discount for booking seats, luggage and a meal, so he was the only one who paid for seats.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew out last week Lanzarote and outbound flight was about 3/4 full. Due to fly back next week and I did a dummy booking which I can see seat availability and it is looking as if it’s only 1/4 full. Both flights we haven’t booked seats and were sat together
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Jet2 used to have a policy of not splitting up families so might be worth looking in to that. When ours were younger and we flew with them they could always have a row sorted for us.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We flew on Monday to Lanzarote from Manchester. There were maybe 10 empty seats in total.

We booked extra legroom seats. Didn't even consider not paying to be together.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We flew on Monday to Lanzarote from Manchester. There were maybe 10 empty seats in total.

We booked extra legroom seats. Didn't even consider not paying to be together.
Well I have never previously even considered not paying to be together, but as I said above, when we booked flights from our airport were all being merged plus money is very tight right now.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Well I have never previously even considered not paying to be together, but as I said above, when we booked flights from our airport were all being merged plus money is very tight right now.
Agree it's a sensible approach. I just hadn't even thought about it especially if they don't split families. Maybe next time.

Good luck, hope you're happy with seat choices and have a fab holiday.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Well... coincidentally they merged our flights this morning!
Going out we're leaving earlier but still only 3hr flight so plane possibly dropping people off after us?
Coming home flight is leaving a little earlier and flight time has increased to 4hrs 35mins so presumably we are dropping people off on the way home.

Is there any clever people out there who know how to check?
Old 28 Aug 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

When Jet2 merge 2 flights they will assign either all odd or all even rows to an airport. The starting airport will generally be odd rows and the second airport will be even. This is all to do with weight and balance issues. If you have booked seats and you then get moved you should be able to reclaim the cost. They will try and keep all on the same booking together and usually in the same type of seat such as window or aisle, families will not be separated from children. Bare in mind that if your seats are moved because of this the staff at the airport will not be able to move you as the seat assignment is done by a central system.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List