Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Sep 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Also I didn’t take it on my recent trip to Ayr as the charging network once off the motorways up in that area is very poor.
Look for the Dakota hotel near Coatbridge just outside Glasgow (off the M8 on the way to Edinburgh) - loads of superchargers, duck in for a cuppa then back onto the sliproad to head for the M74 if you want to go that way back down the road.
Old 24 Sep 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Bet all the electric car owners are smiling atm with all the idiots sat waiting in long lines for fuel
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Bet all the electric car owners are smiling atm with all the idiots sat waiting in long lines for fuel
Mrs YT who has never driven my car as it scared her and isn’t insured for it suddenly claims it’s no longer too big and she wants putting on the insurance.
Old 24 Sep 21, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
No, there all at home trying to find a non existent cheap electric deal.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Please don’t shoot me down I’m genuinely interested as a villa owner
1 how much do you Telsa owners think it would cost to charge overa two week period
Florida electricity is very very expensive
2 would a charging point influence your choice of villa
3 would you be happy to pay a reduced nightly rental with a set amount of electricity use and anything over taken from an increased security deposit or a increased daily pool heat / electric car hire charge
I’m only asking as electric is our biggest utility bill Ac and pool heat going really really bump it up
Yes I know dibbers would be honest send charge at paid points but some guests won’t
I envisage all my paid for air going right out the door so folk can charge cars and worse
Just being honest here
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Costs me about £11 to fully charge my iPace. Moving to Octopus who offer electric at 5p per kwh for 4 hours during the night (electric is about 15 / 16p kwh at the moment I think) so will set to charge up during the cheap period.

As the rental companies aren't widely offering EV's, I don't think there would be much of a benefit to UK customers at the moment, but maybe US customers?

I've had quite a few enquiries from customers specifically looking to drive Teslas and other EV's as a way to get an extended test drive and decide if they're going to get one back home, so as EV's come online from the rental companies, I'd say it'll influence customers decisions... They'll feel happier charging at 'home' as opposed to having to sit at a charge point for a little while.

You can get smart chargers that show how much Electric was used during the charge so I'd be happy for that to be taken from the security deposit.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Thanks Andy
I’m sure everyone can appreciate that not all of our villas are occupied all the time so security of our utilities are important
We e twice had builders trades men use our electric/ water had to take threaten to take onecto court for $1000s
I’m just interested going forward as I didn’t take up the great offer to change my city car to a electric version as the odd occasion we’d need to us3 2 cars to go a long trip I’d Centre Parcs in 10 days we could not get an answer re charging
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just taken my daughter to work- huge queues at petrol station at 7.30 am, struggled to get past!

Decided to fill up myself upon arriving home as haven’t charged for a week.

Old 25 Sep 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
No, there all at home trying to find a non existent cheap electric deal.
Or smiling as a lot had solar panels and power banks fitted when the feed in tariff was better than having an isa
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Wonder how many of these people who are queing for fuel will be elderly or retired and once filled leave their car on the drive for weeks on end without driving anywhere