Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Sep 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Registered for ours yesterday(thanks Mick for your previous post on this, I downloaded the app back then so it was very quick to do yesterday).
We used this the last time we went. 2years ago, and it was definitely worth it! So quick and easy to register and then use. Highly recommend it
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I’m trying to decide if it’s worth getting. We fly into mco but out of Mia, so would have to drop it off on the way down to Mia
Can you not just ‘forget to return the toll pass’ and pay the $10 charge? Worth it to save the bother.
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Can you not just ‘forget to return the toll pass’ and pay the $10 charge? Worth it to save the bother.
Yes probably, we are planning to go to Cape Canaveral so will definitely be easier. Would just feel a little guilty.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yes probably, we are planning to go to Cape Canaveral so will definitely be easier. Would just feel a little guilty.
Just mail it back to them before you leave the USA.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I’m trying to decide if it’s worth getting. We fly into mco but out of Mia, so would have to drop it off on the way down to Mia
When in late March 20 we had to dash to Miami to get home, so took a stamped envelope with us and posted the Visitor Toll Pass back to the address available at the airport. There is a post box on land side.

Got our statement a week later.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 23 Sep 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Doh! Why didn’t I think of that. Thank you both. And of of course Mick for the update and monitoring.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Yeah, just MCO.

Thank you
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Now that it seems that we are going to get back there in November (I have a vested interest as to the precise date ) just a gentle reminder that the VTP has been reintroduced from MCO. The FAQs on the web site tell you all you need to know

visitortollpass/

You will see that at the minute you can only collect on side A which is a bit of a nuisance since direct UK flights arrive at side B - a small detour worth doing for us if we get there. . I signed up to the app ages ago.

If you're bored and want to catch up here's the thread I started a few months ago when I first spotted its reintroduction.

https://DIBB.in/14982359

Mick
Thank you Mick for keeping us updated re the VTP. I emailed them enquiring if, having picked up the tag at terminal A, it would still register if leaving the airport using Terminal B exit.
“ Re: Visitor toll-pass terminal B use.
Dear Alexander,

Thank you for using Visitor Toll Pass (VTP).

Yes, as long as you are leaving from the Orlando International Airport.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to review our FAQ section or call VTP Support at 407-690-5300. VTP Support is open Monday- Friday from 7:30 AM to 7 PM and Saturday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you for choosing Visitor Toll Pass.

Sincerely,

VTP Customer Service Support

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to review our FAQ section or call VTP Support at 407-690-5300. VTP Support is open Monday- Friday from 7:30 AM to 7 PM and Saturday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time. “

Probably not a lot of use unless you don’t see a decent vehicle at A and decided to try B🙄.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Thank you Mick for keeping us updated re the VTP. I emailed them enquiring if, having picked up the tag at terminal A, it would still register if leaving the airport using Terminal B exit.
“ Re: Visitor toll-pass terminal B use.
Dear Alexander,

Thank you for using Visitor Toll Pass (VTP).

Yes, as long as you are leaving from the Orlando International Airport.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to review our FAQ section or call VTP Support at 407-690-5300. VTP Support is open Monday- Friday from 7:30 AM to 7 PM and Saturday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you for choosing Visitor Toll Pass.

Sincerely,

VTP Customer Service Support

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to review our FAQ section or call VTP Support at 407-690-5300. VTP Support is open Monday- Friday from 7:30 AM to 7 PM and Saturday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time. “

Probably not a lot of use unless you don’t see a decent vehicle at A and decided to try B🙄.
Alex
Alex

Thank you for adding this extra bit of information which I didn't think about. I guess the scanning technology was in place at the garage B exit from back in 2019 and they've just left it there. When the thousands of us Brits start landing at gates 70-99 maybe they'll find time to install a few collection points in B. You can drop off on B now though.

To be honest if we're on the plane on 7th we'll happily walk across from APM 4 to garage A. Just need to look out for 417 south exit on the gyratory.

Mick
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

I have found this YouTube video from June this year, it is a walk through of MCO, if you go to 10mins 8secs there is a temporary sign posted that effectively says car rentals have been consoldated into Terminal A.

SandLake is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List