Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Oct 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Abkeel
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks for the reminder Mick👍🏼
Abkeel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Mines all set up on the app now, ready for collection on 27th November.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
English Tim
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Melvin Pearce View Post
When in late March 20 we had to dash to Miami to get home, so took a stamped envelope with us and posted the Visitor Toll Pass back to the address available at the airport. There is a post box on land side.

Got our statement a week later.

Melvin and Lesley
That could work for us. Are you able to remember what the postage was and the size of the envelope that you used?
Old 29 Oct 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by English Tim View Post
That could work for us. Are you able to remember what the postage was and the size of the envelope that you used?
If the tags are the same as last time they will easily fit in a standard letter envelope.

Edited at 09:07 AM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve sorted this yesterday for our trip, a little confused by side A and B. Picking car up from Alamo, hoping it makes sense when we arrive!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
We’ve sorted this yesterday for our trip, a little confused by side A and B. Picking car up from Alamo, hoping it makes sense when we arrive!
About 2/3 months ago in my massive separate VTP thread someone suggested that side B was closed and that all flights were going into side A presumably because of the small number (if any) of international flights but lets hope that things return to normal on 8th November.

If they do and you're flying direct from the UK (BA or VS) you'll land at gates 70-99 on APM 4 into side B.

At present you can only collect the VTP tag on side A so you'll just need to walk across the main concourse and down to level 1. You can drop the tag off at either side.

Again in normal times you can collect a car from either garage. We've already done skip the counter with Alamo and got the bar code so will head over to side A. Will need to look for the 417 south though from A garage as our car is usually on auto-pilot from B

visitortollpass/Content/...pickup-map.pdf

Depends on where you're heading. Garage A a bit better for the 528 and I-Drive. B is better for the 417 south

Edited at 09:31 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

I was the one who pointed out that Side B was closed (for car rentals), I'm sure I have read somewhere that it is back in operation now - but I can't remember where I read it so I can't post a link!
SandLake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
About 2/3 months ago in my massive separate VTP thread someone suggested that side B was closed and that all flights were going into side A presumably because of the small number (if any) of international flights but lets hope that things return to normal on 8th November.

If they do and you're flying direct from the UK (BA or VS) you'll land at gates 70-99 on APM 4 into side B.

At present you can only collect the VTP tag on side A so you'll just need to walk across the main concourse and down to level 1. You can drop the tag off at either side.

Again in normal times you can collect a car from either garage. We've already done skip the counter with Alamo and got the bar code so will head over to side A. Will need to look for the 417 south though from A garage as our car is usually on auto-pilot from B

visitortollpass/Content/...pickup-map.pdf

Depends on where you're heading. Garage A a bit better for the 528 and I-Drive. B is better for the 417 south
Thank you, that’s really helpful. I hadn’t realised we could collect our car from either side. We will be heading for the 417 south, to Windsor hills.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by SandLake View Post
I was the one who pointed out that Side B was closed (for car rentals), I'm sure I have read somewhere that it is back in operation now - but I can't remember where I read it so I can't post a link!
It may have been - did you attach a photo of a sign on the elevator doors?

We've headed to side B around 20 times in the last 12 years as we always want the 417. But next month I'll be happy to walk across to side A.

A VTP employee posted on my big thread that a collection point would be available on side B "early next year" (quote)

Mick
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
Thank you, that’s really helpful. I hadn’t realised we could collect our car from either side. We will be heading for the 417 south, to Windsor hills.
Apologies if you're familiar with MCO but it's basically a symmetrical mirror image with car hire desks and garages on both sides. If you Google map it you'll see that a gyratory system goes right round so if you miss 417 just go round again.

There's no empirical evidence though on which side has the best choice. MCO is a 24/7 operation so cars are refreshed constantly.

Mick